- 1 User profile
- 2 Email options
- 3 Email
- 4 Appearance
- 5 Editing
- 6 Recent changes
- 7 Watchlist
- 8 Connected accounts
This section displays your username and user groups to which you belong. Neither of these can be modified by the user. In addition, your total number of edits on Memory Alpha is displayed.
In this section, you can select your desired display language; note that this defaults to "en - English" on the English language version of Memory Alpha. You can also select your gender preference here (either male, female, or gender neutral). Gender is used in some scripts to properly display he/she/they, him/her/their, his/hers/theirs, etc.
This section displays your existing signature as well as a box that allows you to create a custom signature. For more information on signatures, see Signature.
You may optionally register your email address (it will not be shown publicly on the site). This will enable you to reset your password by clicking the "Mail me a new password" box on the sign in screen, if you forget it. Your email address is also used to alert you of new messages or edits to pages you are following. You can also change an existing email address to a new one in this section.
If you do choose to register your email address, a validation email will be sent to the address provided. After your email address has been validated, you will see a message such as "Your email address was confirmed on 2011 October 11 at 10:18." under the e-mail address box. Once the email address has been validated, you can choose to:
- be emailed when pages change,
- be emailed when your user talk page is modified, and
- be emailed when minor page changes occur as well.
This section allows you to select whether you see all ads or a more limited number, where you land when you first enter Memory Alpha (Main Page, Recent Changes, or Community Feeds), and the category page layout format (dynamic or classic categories).
Email me when...
The options in this section cause an email to be generated whenever any of the selected events occur. In order to use this feature, you have to have previously registered and verified your email address (see above).
- Email me when a page or a file on my watchlist is changed
- Email me also for minor edits of pages and files
- Email me when my user talk page is changed
- ...a Weekly Digest of changes to my followed FANDOM pages is ready
- ...my Discussions posts receive upvotes
- ...Discussions posts I'm following have new replies
- ...FANDOM has news and events
Disable all emails
Enabling this option disables all emails from FANDOM (it overrides all other options).
Memory Alpha options. Send me an email when...
Similar to the section above, the options in this section cause an email to be generated whenever any of the selected events occur on Memory Alpha. In order to use this feature, you have to have previously registered and verified your email address (see above).
- Email me when someone edits Memory Alpha
- Send me a daily email telling me how many times Memory Alpha was viewed
- Send me a daily digest of activity on Memory Alpha
This section enables you to set the format of the displayed date and time on various pages.
This section enables you to set your time zone and/or time offset.
This section allows you to set an image size limit on file description pages and to set the default size of thumbnail images.
This section contains options for the page differences function (diffs):
- Do not show page content below diffs
- Don't show diff after performing a rollback
Link underlining (never, always, skin or browser default), threshold for stub link formatting (disabled, or one of multiple sizes in bytes), and the following options:
- Show hidden categories
- Auto-number headings
- Show a confirmation prompt when clicking on a rollback link
- Enable Go-Search
This section allows you to select one of the following three options for displaying mathematical formulas:
- PNG images
- LaTeX source (for text browsers)
- MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern browsers and accessibility tools)
This section contains settings for viewing videos:
- Show all videos
- Don't show all videos
- Edit sections by right clicking on section titles
- Edit pages on double click
This section allows you to configure the font style of the edit area (either the default font of the browser you're using, a monospaced font, a sans-serif font, or a serif font) and your preferred editor (VisualEditor, source editor, or VisualEditor - source mode) as well as a number of other editing options. On Memory Alpha, the default editor should always be the source editor, and this should not be modified. For more information, see Editing. The other options in this section are:
- Mark all edits minor by default
- Prompt me when entering a blank edit summary
- Enable the editing toolbar
- Do not show link suggest in Source mode
- Show preview on first edit
- Show preview before edit box
- Show previews without reloading the page
The single editing experience option is as follows:
- Disable Category module (only applies if visual mode editing is disabled)
Memory Alpha strongly recommends that the last option remains checked (i.e disable the category module).
In this section, you can set the number of days to show in recent changes (up to a maximum of 90) and the number of edits to show in recent changes, page histories, and in logs, by default (up to a maximum of 1,000).
This section has the following options:
- Group changes by page in recent changes and watchlist
- Hide minor edits from recent changes
- Hide patrolled pages from new page list
In this section you can edit entries on your watchlist, either by editing the raw watchlist or viewing the existing watchlist with an option of removing any entries from the list. You can also clear the whole watchlist from here.
Here you can set the number of days to show in your watchlist (up to a maximum of 90 days) and the maximum number of changes to show (up to a maximum of 1,000).
- Expand watchlist to show all changes, not just the most recent
- Hide minor edits from the watchlist
- Hide bot edits from the watchlist
- Hide my edits from the watchlist
- Hide edits by anonymous users from the watchlist
- Hide edits by logged in users from the watchlist
- Add pages and files I edit to my watchlist
- Add pages and files I move to my watchlist
- Add pages and files I delete to my watchlist
- Add pages I create and files I upload to my watchlist
- Add pages where I have performed a rollback to my watchlist
- Add new files I upload to my watchlist
Here you can see and reset the secret key for your account that can access the Web feed of your watchlist.
Note that anyone who knows the key will be able to read your watchlist, so do not share it.
This section allows you to associate (or disassociate, if already connected) your Memory Alpha user account with any of the following social media services:
- Connect with Facebook
- Connect with Google
- Connect with Twitch