The RSS2Wiki extension allows you to add RSS feeds from any site onto a Memory Alpha page. This could be used for news feeds, to show entries from a related blog, or to show recent changes from a related wiki.
Adding an RSS feed
The basic code to add an RSS feed to a page is:
<rss> URL goes here </rss>
There are a number of variables you can add after the URL for the RSS feed. Each is separated by a pipe character ("|") (as in links and templates). The available parameters:
- charset=: The character set used by the feed. For example, you may need to use UTF-8 to view some characters.
- short: Do not show the description text for each news item.
- date: Shows the date/time stamp for each news item.
- max=: Allows you to choose how many items to show.
- highlight=term1 term2: The terms added here (each separated by a space) are highlighted.
- filter=term1 term2: Only RSS items containing at least one of the listed terms are shown.
- filterout=term1 term2: No RSS items containing the listed terms are shown.
- reverse: The RSS items are displayed in reverse order
So, for example, to add some Star Trek news to an article, you might use:
This would result in: