- Take care, young ladies, and value your wine
- Be watchful of young men in their velvet prime
- Deeply they'll swallow from your finest kegs
- Then swiftly be gone, leaving bitter dregs
- Ahh-ah-ah-ah, bitter dregs
- With smiling words and tender touch
- Man offers little and asks for so much
- He loves in the breathless excitement of night
- Then leaves with your treasure in cold morning light
- Ahh-ah-ah-ah, in cold morning light
The song was written by Leonard Nimoy himself. (Star Trek: The Original Series 365, p. 307) The full version with musical arrangement and a second verse appears on the 1969 DOT LP, "The Touch Of Leonard Nimoy".
Community content is available under CC-BY-NC unless otherwise noted.