(written from a Production point of view)
An expansion of Wheaton's short-lived column at TVSquad, the book – the first of several planned to cover his time on the series – covers the first twelve episodes of TNG Season 1, and includes humor-based episode summaries, and frank reminiscences of the filming of each episode.
- This article is a stub relating to real-world information such as a performer, author, novel, magazine, or other production material. You can help Memory Alpha by fixing it.
- From the book jacket
- The away team returns from the planet with some very good news: It's clean, it's beautiful, it's populated with friendly humanoids... and they really like to do the nasty.
- "At the drop of a hat," according to Geordi.
- "Any hat," Tasha says, knowingly.
- Picard sends a second, larger team down to the planet to see exactly how many hats they're going to need.
- From "Encounter at Farpoint" to "Datalore", relive the first half of Star Trek: The Next Generation's unintentionally hilarious first season through the eyes, ears and memories of cast member and fan Wil Wheaton (Wesley Crusher) as he shares his unique perspective in the episode guide you didn't even know you were dying to read.
- ENJOY snarky episode recaps!
- EXPAND your Technobabble vocabulary!
- AMUSE your friends with quotable dialog!
- BOLDLY go behind the scenes!
- Around the time of the book's release, Wheaton recorded a series of podcasts, Memories of the Futurecast, which featured excerpts from the book.