- Register your account on Discord. It is recommended to download the Discord client for the device you are using.
- Use the invite link to join the server, and then follow the instructions given.
- Next, you should add your Discord username and tag to your profile masthead (see this guide), and then follow the instructions given by the bot.
- Be respectful. Don't engage in heated arguments, call people names, or be intentionally mean-spirited. Do not excessively ping other users, especially administrators or Fandom staff. If you have problems with another community member, please talk to a
- Racist, sexist, homophobic, or other discriminatory epithets or slurs directed at another user are unacceptable. Similarly, if another user feels uncomfortable with the language you are using, even if not directed at someone, please consider changing it.
- Do not post content exceeding a PG-13 Rating. Please keep language within reasonable limits and do not share explicit or sexual images. This server has users of all ages and backgrounds, and we'd like all members to feel comfortable in public chat channels.
- Use the proper channel for discussions.
#generalis used for wiki-related chat,
#randomis for off-topic chat,
#server-suggestionsis to suggest changes to this Discord server;
#editingis for help and hints on editing, and
- Please keep your username recognizable. We want people to understand who is speaking and be transparent in our discussions. Use "change nickname" by right-clicking your username in the right sidebar if your global Discord name is not recognizable to others as your Memory Alpha identity.
- All comments on newly-released content should be posted in the
#spoilers-herechannel. If you are unsure whether content can be discussed more widely, ask a
- Discussions on political, religious, gender, or other issues that may prove controversial are allowed, but all users involved should be respectful with their comments at all times. If a
@Moderatorfeels the discussion has become too heated and asks those involved to move on, please do so.
- Do not share personal information such as your home address or email. You may share your age and nationality if you wish to do so, but that is not required and you should not request it of another user if they prefer not to. Similarly, do not share the personal information of another user.
- Links to illegal or pirated content are not allowed. Any comments requesting or providing links to such content will be deleted.
- Use common sense. Not every situation may be covered by these rules. If you're not sure if something is okay, ask a
The Memory Alpha Discord server is governed by the rules of Memory Alpha and of Fandom as a platform. Any disciplinary measures on Memory Alpha or Fandom in general will apply on Discord, and vice versa.
Community content is available under CC-BY-NC unless otherwise noted.