(written from a Production point of view)
Star Trek: Metamorphosis was an adaptation of stills taken from the Star Trek: The Original Series second season episode "Metamorphosis" into a photonovel, the fifth release in the series. Aside from an episode cast list, glossary and trivia quiz, the book also included a mini-interview with guest actress Elinor Donahue, who portrayed Federation Assistant Commissioner Nancy Hedford in the episode.
This was the penultimate outing of the series which saw internationally translated editions, as far as can be ascertained.
- From the back cover
- A godlike creature offers Captain Kirk the most incredible gift of all…immortality!!!! How will Kirk spend his days…knowing there will always be a tomorrow????
- The authentic re-creation of a fateful voyage of the starship Enterprise…Over 300 action photographs from the episode Metamorphosis in the television series created by Gene Roddenberry.
- Unlike the series' previous four, and the subsequent sixth outings, this title has only seen its original printing and was not reprinted in 1979/80.
- Exports to the UK had the British prices – either 85/95p or £1.25/1.50 – stamped on the back cover.
- This was the fifth Bantam Books's Star Trek photonovel releases to see internationally translated editions. Translated into Dutch as Metamorfose, the Dutch language edition saw a release in 1979, whereas a German language edition was released the same year as Das Geschenk der Götter.
- A Latin-American edition, translated by Ileana R.Gonzalez as Metamorfosis, was released in 1979 and distributed in, among others, the USA, Mexico, Venezuela, Bolivia, and Panama. Each of these editions had a price imprint representing the local currency, though the US edition had it also stated that the book could be bought for by using equivalent local currency.
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|A Taste of Armageddon||Star Trek Fotonovels
|All Our Yesterdays|