(written from a Production point of view)
Michael Taylor (born 15 February 1969; age 52) was a writer for both Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Star Trek: Voyager. His DS9 credits include the celebrated episodes "The Visitor" and "In the Pale Moonlight". Other episodes he was involved in include "Things Past" and "Resurrection". He joined the writing staff of Ronald D. Moore's re-working of Battlestar Galactica during its third season.
One of Taylor's favorite episodes is "Counterpoint". He stated, "I liked Counterpoint a lot because it's where the captain has a romance and, sort of in the end, it showed us just how lonely her job is and gave us a foreshadowing of why she had to stay alone throughout the rest of the series."
On Taylor's stint on Voyager, Ron Moore commented to Cinescape magazine, "To be blunt, Bryan Fuller and Mike Taylor were treated very shabbily, and it pissed me off. They took a lot of crap, and the only reason it was done was to keep the guys on the top of the pyramid feeling good about themselves. It also had the effect of keeping the writing staff from working in concert as a group. The DS9 staff by contrast was very tight".  
Star Trek credits
- "Once Upon a Time"
- "Bride of Chaotica!" (teleplay with Bryan Fuller)
- "The Fight" (story)
- "The Disease" (teleplay)
- "Think Tank" (teleplay)
- "Someone to Watch Over Me" (teleplay)
- "Relativity" (teleplay with Bryan Fuller and Nick Sagan)
- "Warhead" (teleplay with Kenneth Biller)
- "Dragon's Teeth" (story, teleplay with Brannon Braga and Joe Menosky)
- "Alice" (teleplay with Bryan Fuller)
- "One Small Step" (teleplay with Mike Wollaeger, Jessica Scott and Bryan Fuller)
- "Blink of an Eye" (story)
- "Collective" (teleplay)
- "Fury" (teleplay with Bryan Fuller)
- "Body and Soul" (story)
- "Shattered" (story with Mike Sussman, teleplay)
- "Workforce, Part II" (teleplay with Kenneth Biller)
- "Friendship One" (with Bryan Fuller)