(written from a Production point of view)
Out of the Cocoon is a Pocket SCE collection – the twelfth collection of the series – containing books #57-60 of the original eBook series, written by William Leisner, Kevin Killiany, Phaedra M. Weldon, and Robert T. Jeschonek. Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in trade paperback in July 2010.
- From the book jacket
- When something in the galaxy needs to be fixed, tweaked, investigated, or repaired, the Federation sends in the best: the Starfleet Corps of Engineers. Traveling throughout the quadrant on the Saber-class USS da Vinci, Captain David Gold, former Starship Enterprise engineer Commander Sonya Gomez, and the crack S.C.E. team solve the problems of the galaxy, one disaster at a time.
- Whether dealing with the legacy of Captain Jean-Luc Picard's decision regarding the Mariposa colony, stopping an alien predator from destroying a pre-warp culture, fixing a planet-wide power outage, or repairing the damage done by the Dominion to a former ally, the Corps of Engineers is on the case!
- But not all problems are technical: Dr. Elizabeth Lense deals with the consequences of her unexpected pregnancy, Security Chief Domenica Corsi encounters a Prime Directive crisis, Dr. Bart Faulwell faces a personal crossroads, and Chief Vance Hawkins must try to lay the ghosts of the Dominion War to rest.
- See individual stories for details.
- Out of the Cocoon by William Leisner
- Honor by Kevin Killiany
- Blackout by Phaedra M. Weldon
- The Cleanup by Robert T. Jeschonek
- Originally scheduled for release in December 2009, the omnibus was announced as being delayed to December 2010 on 31 December 2008, before a further delay to 2011 was announced at the Shore Leave convention on 10 July 2009. However, in order to fill a gap left by the cancellation of the four books set after Star Trek, which were planned for summer 2010, the omnibus was brought forward to July 2010.
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|#11: Wounds||Pocket SCE
|#13: What's Past|