For additional meanings of "Pascal", please see Pascal.
Comparative list of pressureEdit
- Kilopascal = 1 thousand pascals
- 2 kilopascals: The internal pressure aboard a Borg cube was two kilopascals above what was normal on a Federation starship. (Star Trek: First Contact)
- 90 kilopascals: The pressure encountered from the leading edge of shock waves encountered by the USS Voyager following the explosion of a supernova was over 90 kilopascals – over 30% higher than predicted. (VOY: "The Q and the Grey")
- 102.875 kilopascals: The pressure on a structure inside the Bajoran wormhole, encountered by Benjamin Sisko and Jadzia Dax in 2369, was 102.875 kilopascals. (DS9: "Emissary")
- 2100 to 2500 kilopascals: Upon being pulled into the Delta Quadrant, the USS Voyager's warp core pressure was down to 2100 kilopascals. Upon unlocking the magnetic interlocks, they were able to increase it to a stable rate of 2500 kilopascals. (VOY: "Caretaker")
- Megapascal = 1 million pascals
- 36 to 53 megapascals': When Voyager's matter-antimatter reactor was at eighty percent of critical, Harry Kim observed that the warp core pressure was at 36 megapascals and rising. B'Elanna Torres then instructed that when the pressure reached 53 megapascals, she would trigger the shock pulse, adding that they get out of Engineering by the time the pressure makes 50 megapascals. As the pressure continued to rise, and at 41 megapascals a microfracture formed in the dilithium matrix, which was sealed by the time the pressure reached 44 megapascals. By this point the ship was shaking rather violently, indicating to the crew elsewhere that the warp core was heating up and shock burst was almost ready to initiate. From thatpoint, the pressure rose quickly, "47, 48, 49", as Engineering was ordered to be evacuated and the crew took cover. (VOY: "Twisted")
Community content is available under CC-BY-NC unless otherwise noted.