(written from a Production point of view)
Past Life is a Pocket SCE eBook novella – #15 in the series – written by Robert Greenberger. Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in March 2002. The novella was later collected in the SCE omnibus No Surrender.
- From the book jacket
- The Evorans, residents of a new Federation protectorate, have made a fantastic discovery on their homeworld: a device that predates their civilization and proves that aliens visited their world in the distant past. The USS da Vinci is sent to investigate the device and find out its true nature.
- But disaster strikes when a radical isolationist faction sets out to destroy all evidence that the world was once visited – and wipe out the da Vinci crew as well! And when the true nature of the device is revealed, it will take all the ingenuity of the Starfleet Corps of Engineers to save Evora!
- Regent of the Evora people. An aging woman who is one of the few that believe contact with other species is a good idea.
- William Ross
- Starfleet admiral, contacts the da Vinci with their mission to further remind them of its importance.
- Security Provost of the Evora. He is particularly unhappy with Cuzar's handling of interplanetary situations.
- Vice-Regent, escorts the away team to the Regents council chambers.
- Chief Archaeologist of the Evoran government.
- News of an attack by Nausicaan rogue agents against Starbase 92 was in the morning "news" transmission Captain Gold looked over before going on duty.
- Starbase 92
- Starfleet starbase that came under the attack of a gang of rogue Nausicaans. Lieutenant Commander Anthony Mark, Bart Faulwell's boyfriend, is assigned there and was unharmed.
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|#14: Caveat Emptor|| eBooks|