If you have a question about Star Trek, please post it at the Reference Desk.
For issues concerning the policies and operation of Memory Alpha, please go to Ten Forward.
Archive: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019.
ACLU $47 r/startrek proposal
The mods of r/startrek and Anthony from TrekMovie reached out to me tonight as a "face" of MA asking basically the following:
- The guys from r/startrek have reached out to ask us to join in their campaign to get Trek fans to contribute $47 each to the ACLU. All 8 of their mods have as a start. Here is their post
- We will be joining and doing something tomorrow. We have already started gathering money from our team and then will announce something on our social asking Trek fans to join in. I was wondering if Memory Alpha might want to join in on the campaign. I have also reached out to TrekCore and TrekNews and others. I have also reached out to StarTrek.com’s editor.
- Not really sure what will happen as this is all new idea. But I thought you guys might be into it and MA is such a huge part of Star Trek.
As part of this, there was a request to post something on our main page -- my thinking is that a news headline might be appropriate. TrekMovie will be publishing an article tomorrow morning about this, and some other groups partaking include Priority One Network, TrekNews.net, Mission Log, and Portal 47 (at this point in time).
What are peoples' thoughts on this matter? I know that we typically don't put forth a political stand one way or another, so I felt it appropriate to raise the question rather than making an arbitrary decision. -- sulfur (talk) 03:02, June 3, 2020 (UTC)
- I'm fine with it, and it can temporarily replace the new series panel since DIS doesn't seem to be happening this month. - Archduk3 03:35, June 3, 2020 (UTC)
TAS Drop down
- From User talk:sulfur...
As per discussion at: https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/f/p/4400000000000016671
...I'd like to request TAS receive a separate dropdown entry to be consistent in style (like every other grouping), more convenient for users (like me, currently researching TAS), and to keep top-level link descriptions accurate.
- No, it's like that for all the reasons already brought up in that sad version of an aol chat room, but most importantly because wikia restricted the number of options in those menus and TAS would just have to be recombined with TOS by next year. You may also have noticed that there are currently the same number of options in each century. Once LD comes out and requires another slot in the 24th century one, SNW will be added to the 22/23rd century menu to balance it out, and because unlike LD we already have characters to populate the menu. I'd rather lose two in a few episodes only "main" characters from TAS than lose anything else, and it's mostly the same stuff anyway. - Archduk3 19:06, June 9, 2020 (UTC)
Discovery Season 3 Dropdown
Is there a plan or idea about where it'll be placed? Since it's not the 23rd century anymore will it get a new tab at the top?
- There isn't space for another drop down since they are restricted to the number we are already using by wikia, so it's staying with the 23rd century set for now. If they don't make it back to the 23rd century by the end of the season, they whole thing will probably be redone. - Archduk3 20:42, September 11, 2020 (UTC)
On the mobile version of the front page, there is a gallery of the logos of the various Star Trek series, with links to each, for TOS, TAS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT, and DIS. Is it possible to add PIC and LD to that? Or is there some restriction that limits it?
- You need to be an admin to edit the mobile main page, and we can't right now because it is broken. - Archduk3 21:57, September 23, 2020 (UTC)