(written from a Production point of view)
- From the book jacket
- Nearly two decades ago, Jean-Luc Picard took command of the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D. The captain knew it was an honor without equal. His new command bore the name of Enterprise. The people who had commanded other like-named starships had gone down in Starfleet's annals. Some officers would be intimidated, but they would not have been given command of Enterprise.
- On her first mission, the Enterprise was sent to Farpoint Station. A simple, straightforward investigation. Perfect for a crew that had never served together. Then there was Q. An omnipotent lifeform that seemed bent on placing obstacle after obstacle in the ship's – and in particular in Picard's – way. And it hadn't ended with that first mission. When he was least expected, Q would appear. Pushing, prodding, testing. At times needling captain and crew with seemingly silly, pointless, and maddening trifles. Then it would turn all too serious, and the survival of Picard's crew was in Q's hands.
- Why was it today that Picard was remembering the day he took command of the Enterprise-D? Now he commanded a new ship, the USS Enterprise-E. His crew was different. There was nothing about Gorsach that in the least resembled Farpoint. But Picard couldn't shake the feeling that something all too familiar was going on. All too awful. All too Q.
Memorable quotes Edit
"Q, what did going into Sherwood Forest and making me play the role of Robin Hood to Vash's Marian have to do with all this?"
"I just wanted to see you in tights, Jean-Luc"
- - Q and Picard
"Best listen to Microbrain, Chuckles"
- - Q
Background information Edit
- Memory Alpha receives an acknowledgment in this novel.
- This novel takes place during Articles of the Federation and after Star Trek: Titan: Orion's Hounds.
- This novel contains references to all previous novels where Q was a main character. Q mentions the incident where he was the one member of the continuum who had to deal with Trelane in Q-Squared, his meeting with Lwaxana Troi in Q-in-Law, the incident with the galactic barrier in the Q Continuum trilogy and the story in the novel I, Q.
- Cover art and design by Jae Song.
- along with other members of the Q Continuum
- Female Q
- Jean-Luc Picard
- Kathryn Janeway
- William T. Riker
- Deanna Troi
- Geordi La Forge
- Miles O'Brien
- Wesley Crusher
- Ro Laren
- Thomas Halloway
- Natasha Yar
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|Resistance||Pocket TNG||The Sky's the Limit|
|As release order||Chronological order||Before Dishonor|