(written from a Production point of view)
Spock and McCoy unite to save a new generation.
Red Sector is a Pocket TNG novel – #53 in the numbered series, and the third novel in the Double Helix miniseries – written by Diane Carey. Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in July 1999.
- From the book jacket
- Like the biological weapons they employ, a sinister conspiracy has spread across the Alpha Quadrant and across many years of Starfleet history. Now the mysterious menace surfaces again – to strike at the heart of the Romulan Empire.
- An artificial virus has infected the entire Romulan ruling family. Ambassador Spock must put aside his efforts at unification to summon his old friend, Dr. Leonard McCoy, who discovers that the only hope for a cure lies with a long lost Romulan heir whose blood and tissues have not been contaminated by the virus. But can the heir be found before the collapse of a ruling dynasty throws the entire Empire into chaos?
Background information Edit
- Author Diane Carey named most of the crew of the CST Saskatoon after shipmates she served with aboard a schooner during her writing of the novel. (Voyages of Imagination, p. 436)
- Eric Stiles (β)
- Ensign, Starfleet security officer assigned to Starbase 10. After years as a political prisoner, eventually becomes lieutenant commander, CO of the CST Saskatoon.
- Leonard McCoy
- Admiral of Starfleet Medical.
- Jeremy White
- John Stiles
- A member of the Stiles family; Eric's grandfather was a Starfleet security commander at retirement, previously having served as navigator of Enterprise.
- Beverly Crusher
- Combat Support Tender, registry CST 2601
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|#52: Vectors|| Pocket TNG|