(written from a Production point of view)
- You may also be looking for the article on the Restoration of Bajor.
Restoration is a Star Trek: New Frontier novel – the eleventh book in the series, and the third and final novel in the Excalibur trilogy – written by Peter David. Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in hardback in October 2000.
- From the book jacket
- The ever resourceful Captain Mackenzie Calhoun abruptly finds himself at a loss – marooned on the primitive outback world of Yakaba after his ship, Excalibur, is destroyed by deadly sabotage. He is separated from his loyal first officer, Shelby, who has gone on to command the Exeter and is certain that Calhoun has been blasted into oblivion. On Yakaba's dry frontier, Calhoun meets and befriends Rheela, an extraordinary woman beset by enemies trying to control or destroy her and her gift – summoning rain to her parched homeland.
- Trapped on this hostile world, unable to relay to his people that he survived their ship's cataclysm, Calhoun must stand against countless adversaries who will stop at nothing to gain power or keep it from others. Life and death hang in the balance. Out in the distance, mourning but determined to move on, Shelby must discover what sort of captain she really is.
Memorable quotes Edit
"Sorry, already killed my quota of old ladies this month. Maybe next month."
- - Calhoun
Background information Edit
- This is the first New Frontier novel to premiere in hardback (although the omnibus of books 1-4 was a hardback release, it came after the original paperback editions).
- The audiobook version was abridged by George Truett.
- The paperback edition features a review quote from SFX magazine.
Cover gallery Edit
- Canon characters listed below are linked to the main article about them. Non-canon characters are not linked, but those that recurred, appearing or being mentioned in more than one story, are defined further in New Frontier characters.
Main characters Edit
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|#10: Renaissance||Star Trek: New Frontier||Gateways: Cold Wars|
|Excalibur||Final novel in series|