(written from a Production point of view)
This page contains information specifically pertaining to the individual seasons of Star Trek: Short Treks, whose episode premieres were consecutively streamed on CBS All Access for the USA. Netflix streamed the first season for the rest of the world, but declined to pick the second season, nor has any other streaming service showed any interest to pick up the second season.
|Title||Episode||Prodno.||Stardate||Date||Runtime (minutes)||Original Airdate|
|The Brightest Star||1x03||103||Unknown||2239||16||2018-12-06|
|The Escape Artist||1x04||104||Unknown||2250s||17||2019-01-03|
|The Trouble with Edward||2x02||202||1421.9||2250s||15||2019-10-09|
|Ephraim and Dot||2x04||204||Unknown||2267-2285||9||2019-12-12|
|The Girl Who Made the Stars||2x05||205||Unknown||2230s||8||2019-12-12|
|Children of Mars||2x06||206||Unknown||2385||9||2020-01-09|
Background information Edit
- On 20 July 2019 the first official Season 2 trailer, coming in at 100 seconds, was unveiled at the 2019 San Diego Comic Con. The trailer featured footage of Anson Mount, Rebecca Romijn, and Ethan Peck, reprising their Star Trek: Discovery season two roles, providing confirmation that some episodes were to feature the crew of USS Enterprise. The trailer also divulged the titles of the six planned season two episodes. The previously teased title "Chaos Theory", seen in social media posts on 23 June 2019, was absent from the listed titles; it is likely that "Chaos Theory" was a working title for "Q&A". 
- Outside the USA, the second season only became available for (official) watching, when the Blu-ray and DVD home video formats were released in June/July 2020. Remarkably, the Star Trek: Picard introduction short "Children of Mars" was not included on either of the two releases.
On 28 July 2020, the second season received an Emmy Award nomination in the "Outstanding Short Form Comedy Or Drama Series" category.  This constituted a milestone in the history of the television franchise as it became the fifth time that a Star Trek production was nominated for a "major" Emmy Award since Star Trek: The Next Generation's 1994 nomination, and of which only Star Trek: The Animated Series won Star Trek its hitherto single one back in 1975.
|Star Trek: Short Treks awards and honors|
|Emmy Awards||Outstanding Short Form Comedy Or Drama Series (Season 2)||Alex Kurtzman, Heather Kadin, Olatunde Osunsanmi, Frank Siracusa & John Weber (Executive Producers), and Aaron Baiers (Co-Executive Producer)||nominated|
- Aldis Hodge as Craft
- Doug Jones as Saru
- Anson Mount as Christopher Pike
- Ethan Peck as Spock
- Rebecca Romijn as Una
- Rainn Wilson as Harry Mudd
- Mary Wiseman as Sylvia Tilly