(written from a Production point of view)
The conclusion of the epic battle to save Deep Space Nine!
Sacrifice of Angels is a Pocket DS9 novel – the fourth novel in the The Dominion War series, and a novelization of part of the Dominion War arc of seasons five and six – written by Diane Carey. Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in December 1998.
- "Favor the Bold" written by Ira Steven Behr & Hans Beimler
- "Sacrifice of Angels" written by Ira Steven Behr & Hans Beimler
- The novel's title does not appear on its cover, where it is identified as The Dominion War, Book Four. Sacrifice of Angels appears only on the interior page header, and identifies the book in Pocket's backlist (where it appears as ...Sacrifice of Angels).
- This novel opens with Alexander joining the House of Martok, as seen in "Sons and Daughters", continues with the events of "Behind the Lines" and "Favor the Bold" and ends with the Federation retaking Deep Space 9, as seen in "Sacrifice of Angels".
- Although this novel implies that the USS Centaur is destroyed along with its crew, as author Diane Carey intended ("…the other captain and his crew, who died in our subplot, gave the war a touch of reality. People do die. Since nobody of the main story died, we figured somebody ought to." (Star Trek: Communicator issue 124)), because Star Trek novels are only required to be consistent with canon, the later novel Articles of the Federation features Charlie Reynolds as a major character.
- Benjamin Sisko
- Kira Nerys
- Julian Bashir
- Jadzia Dax
- Jake Sisko
- Miles O'Brien
- Elim Garak
- William Ross
- Female Changeling
- Alexander Rozhenko
- Tora Ziyal
- Charlie Reynolds
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|#3: Tunnel Through the Stars (TNG)||Star Trek: The Dominion War||Tales of the Dominion War|
|The Dominion War #2: Call to Arms||Pocket DS9
|The Lives of Dax|