The Scottish Highlands were a region in northern Scotland.
The Caldos colony was terraformed to mimic Scotland. During his visit to the planet in 2370, Jean-Luc Picard found the area to be "most impressive," stating that he felt "as if" he was in the Scottish Highlands. Maturin recalled having visited Glamis Castle as a boy and felt at home while looking out over the highlands. (TNG: "Sub Rosa")
Locations in the Scottish HighlandsEdit
People from the HighlandsEdit
- A claymore was a Scottish sword (TOS: "Day of the Dove")
- A targe was a Scottish shield (TOS: "By Any Other Name")
- Kilt, Highland dress (TOS: "Is There in Truth No Beauty?", "The Savage Curtain", "By Any Other Name").
- Sporran, Highland dress (TOS: "Is There in Truth No Beauty?", "The Savage Curtain", "By Any Other Name")
- Scotch whisky, an alcoholic beverage, frequently made in the Highlands
- Caber toss