A seed is the ripened ovule of a plant. A seed contains the embryo from which a new plant will grow under proper conditions. Seeds also usually contain a supply of stored food and is wrapped in the seed coat. Many seeds are edible, either whole or as the basis of beverages.
Types of seed Edit
- Muscan seeds were used in a type of Haliian punch. (TNG: "Aquiel")
- Rulot seeds, of Cardassian origin, were an important agricultural product. (DS9: "The Homecoming")
- Mustard seeds, of Earth origin, were commonly used in the cooking of food. (ENT: "Rajiin")
- Coffee seeds were used by Humans, Klingons and Vulcans alike to produce a stimulating beverage.
- Cocoa beans were seeds of the cacao tree used to make chocolate. Forms of chocolate were found on many different planets (such as Risa), indicating that cocoa beans may not have been native to Earth. (TNG: "The Mind's Eye")
- An unnamed seed from the Delta Quadrant was used to make the "even better than coffee" substitute beverage. (VOY: "The Cloud")