(written from a Production point of view)
Born in Hawaii and raised in Sacramento, California, O'Hurley attended such prestigious schools as the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts. She made her film debut in the 1991 drama At Play in the Fields of the Lord, which was followed by a supporting role in the 1995 thriller Copycat. Also in 1995, she was seen in the TV movie remake of Disney's The Barefoot Executive, which also featured fellow VOY guest star Willie Garson.
Following her appearance on VOY, O'Hurley worked on such television shows as Arli$$, Party of Five, Becker (starring Terry Farrell), The X-Files (in an episode with Richard Cox), Charmed, NYPD Blue (starring Gordon Clapp), and The West Wing (with Tim Kelleher). More recently, she appeared in a 2006 episode of the hit ABC series Boston Legal, starring William Shatner and Rene Auberjonois. The episode in which she appeared, entitled "Smile", also guest-starred Ron Canada, Joanna Cassidy and Don McManus.
O'Hurley also had recurring roles on All About Us (starring Scarlett Pomers), Strong Medicine (developed by Whoopi Goldberg), and Desperate Housewives (co-starring Teri Hatcher, Steven Culp, Mark Moses, and Sharon Lawrence). Her feature film credits have expanded as well, with small roles in the hit 2001 comedy Legally Blonde (also featuring James Read, Ted Rooney, Michael Buchman Silver and Bruce Thomas), the acclaimed 2002 sci-fi blockbuster Minority Report (with Katy Boyer, David Doty, Patrick Kilpatrick, Caroline Lagerfelt, Neal McDonough, and George D. Wallace) and the 2005 remake of Bad News Bears.
Other Trek connections
Additional projects in which O'Hurley worked with other Star Trek alumni are:
- Renegade episode "High Rollers" (1996) with Leonard Kelly-Young
- Pensacola: Wings of Gold episode "It's the Real Thing, Baby" (1997) with Leonard Kelly-Young and Jeremy Roberts)
- Judging Amy episode "Witch Hunt" (1999) with Spencer Garrett, Lawrence Pressman and William Windom
- Profiler episode "Blind Eye" (1999) with Paula Malcomson
- Boston Public episode "Chapter Thirteen" (2001) with Randy Oglesby and John Rubinstein
- The Guardian episode "Sparkle" (2004) with Michael McGrady
- Danika (2006 film) with James Avery