(written from a Production point of view)
- From the book jacket
- The Starship Enterprise NX-01 has carried its crew farther into the reaches of space than any Human has ever traveled. Commanded by Captain Jonathan Archer, they have charted new stars, explored planets, and made first contact with many alien races.
- The Paraagan deep-space colony was just another first contact, unusual in only two aspects: it was a matriarchal society, and the atmosphere was filled with a highly volatile gas. But the officers of Enterprise knew how to handle the shuttlepod, and they understood the Paraagan landing protocols, As the shuttlepod descended, they closed the plasma vents, certain that nothing could escape and ignite the gas.
- Thirty-six hundred colonists were vaporized in the blast. Every building, every living thing, everything on the surface was destroyed in the fireball. Could the Enterprise crew have caused the destruction?
- Recalled, Archer knows that the Vulcan High Command has convinced Starfleet of what they have long insisted. Humans are not ready for deep-space exploration.
- But these were not the events as history recorded them. No one died. Enterprise was never recalled. This is the startling information offered by the mysterious Crewman Daniels – who claims to be from the thirty-first century and a foot soldier in the Temporal Cold War. Archer sets out to prove Enterprise's innocence. But time is a swiftly moving river in whose deadly rapids Enterprise is caught. Is there really anything they can do?
Memorable quotes Edit
"But you are going to allow me to have a lunch today, right? I mean more than just a ration pack on the go like the last two days."
"The Vulcan Science Directorate has concluded that time travel is impossible."
Background information Edit
- In addition to the central episodes, this novel contains excerpts from the episodes "Cold Front" and "Detained".
Cover gallery Edit
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|Broken Bow|| Pocket ENT|