Standard maneuvers were a sequence of movements and tactics which were pre-programmed in every Federation starship. These so-called attack patterns or tactical patterns were named after a Greek letter and a number (for example, attack pattern delta two). It appears that these patterns involved movement, shield intensity placement, and weapons targeting.
Since the same attack patterns were used during several different battles aboard several different starships in different situations, it seems that the computer would alter the pattern to properly suit the distance to the enemy vessel, its location, and the starship's relative speed. Thus, attack patterns seem to have been more of a loose plan than an exact one.
In contrast, evasive maneuvers were used to evade enemy weapons fire or capture.
Standard maneuver patterns Edit
- Attack pattern alpha (VOY: "Message in a Bottle")
- Pattern alpha one (attack pattern) (VOY: "Endgame")
- Attack pattern beta 4-7 (VOY: "Message in a Bottle")
- Pattern delta (attack pattern) (DS9: "The Jem'Hadar", "The Changing Face of Evil")
- Pattern delta two (attack formation) (DS9: "Favor the Bold")
- Pattern kappa 010 (attack pattern) (VOY: "Ex Post Facto")
- Pattern omega (attack pattern) (DS9: "The Way of the Warrior", "A Time to Stand"; VOY: "Caretaker", "Year of Hell, Part II")
- Pattern omega four (attack pattern) (DS9: "The Die is Cast")
- Pattern sierra four (attack pattern) (DS9: "Valiant")