(written from a Production point of view)
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine is a comic book series published by IDW Publishing that began in December 2009. Two miniseries has been released to date, and elements of DS9 have appeared in other works published by IDW.
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Fool's Gold (mini-series)
- Fool's Gold (omnibus)
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Too Long a Sacrifice
- Too Long a Sacrifice (omnibus)
Other appearances Edit
- In 2014, Deep Space Nine was featured in the Star Trek: Ongoing comic "The Q Gambit, Part 2", in the alternate reality. Another miniseries, Star Trek: The Q Conflict, sees the DS9 characters in a crossover with the original series, TNG and Voyager.
- Several DS9 stories feature in Star Trek: Waypoint. In 2017, "Mother's Walk", a DS9 story featuring Kira, was published in "Star Trek: Waypoint, Issue 3". The story "Frontier Doctor" featuring Julian Bashir appears in "Star Trek: Waypoint, Issue 5". The Star Trek: Waypoint Special features "Only You Can Save Yourself", a story about Ezri Dax after the DS9 series. The Star Trek: Waypoint Special 2019 also features another story featuring Ezri, "The First Year", this time her meeting with Worf during his time as Federation ambassador to the Klingon Empire.
Background information Edit
- Andrew Steven Harris brought the DS9 IDW comic series about by including the series in the Star Trek Archives series, with the release of the Best of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, a collection of the first DS9 comics published by Malibu Comics. 
- Harris commented that he thought the DS9 comics would not link into Pocket Books' own Deep Space Nine relaunch series, stating "I would speculate that they will not interface with the DS9 Relaunch novels from Pocket Books. IDW has always been quite independent in its Trek storytelling, and I would expect that it will pursue its own creative path without the obligation to proactively incorporate the prose-novel efforts. IDW will probably do what it can to avoid actively contradicting such stories, but keep in mind that both producing comics and novels remains acutely work-intensive, and it's difficult enough already to keep in mind 168 episodes of the TV series, let alone what happens on every page of every novel that Pocket Books has ever published. Add to that the fact that Senior Editor Marco Palmieri has been laid off from Pocket without replacement and Paramount recently lost the encyclopaedic knowledge of Trek guru Paula Block, and you can start to imagine the difficulties involved". 
- Tony Lee pitched a Star Trek: Deep Space Nine/Doctor Who crossover for IDW, entitled Domination. Lee was a consultant for Star Trek: The Next Generation - Doctor Who: Assimilation².