(written from a Production point of view)
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine – Too Long a Sacrifice is a four-issue miniseries from IDW Publishing. Scheduled to be published in 2020, the series is written by Scott and David Tipton, with art from Greg Scott. The miniseries is IDW's second Star Trek: Deep Space Nine release, following Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Fool's Gold.
The story is set during the Dominion War and is a noir-type story. David Tipton commented: "Set during the most difficult hours of the Dominion War, Too Long a Sacrifice shows the station during trying times: a series of mysterious and seemingly unsolvable terrorist attacks just as the war has everyone strained to the breaking point. We'll get to see the darker side of life on the station as Odo leads the investigation, with increasingly desperate conditions forcing him and others to deal with new and unexpected allies and to use unusual tactics in their efforts to stop the attacks". 
- The Tiptons had earlier written Fool's Gold. Scott Tipton commented: "We're so excited to return to the world of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. With its 'frontier setting' and precarious place in the galaxy, Deep Space Nine offers the opportunity to tell truly unique tales of intrigue and suspense. Combine that with one of the best character ensembles ever assembled, and you get something no other Star Trek series can offer". 
- Chase Marotz commented: "Deep Space Nine is one of the Star Trek series that I’ve been the most eager for IDW to dive into in comics form, so to be at the helm for the first series in over a decade is a dream come true. I’ve worked with David and Scott Tipton on several amazing Star Trek books and know that they’re going to deliver a story that the fans will love, and it’s exciting to finally be able to work with Greg Scott. I’m a big fan of his style and I think we’re poised to create a Star Trek book that’s going to both surprise and delight". 
- The title is from a poem by Yeats: "Too long a sacrifice can make a stone of the heart".
- "Too Long a Sacrifice, Issue 1"
- "Too Long a Sacrifice, Issue 2"
- "Too Long a Sacrifice, Issue 3"
- "Too Long a Sacrifice, Issue 4"