(written from a Production point of view)
The omnibus edition of Star Trek: Destiny, released in March 2012, collects the three novels of the crossover trilogy in a single trade paperback collection.
- From the book jacket
- THREE THRILLING STAR TREK NOVELS IN ONE VOLUME!
- Half a decade after the Dominion War and more than a year after the rise and fall of Praetor Shinzon, the galaxy's greatest scourge, the Borg, returns to wreak havoc upon the Federation – and this time, its goal is nothing less than total annihilation.
- Elsewhere, deep in the Gamma Quadrant, an ancient mystery is solved. One of Earth's first generation of starships, lost for centuries, has been found dead and empty on a desolate planet. But its discovery so far from home has raised disturbing questions, and the answers harken back to a struggle for survival that once tested a captain and her crew to the limits of their humanity.
- From that terrifying flashpoint begins an apocalyptic odyssey that will reach across time and space to reveal the past, define the future, and show three captains that some destinies are inescapable. For Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the USS Enterprise, defending the future has never been so important, or so personal – and the wrong choice will cost him everything for which he has struggled and suffered. For Captain William T. Riker of the USS Titan, that choice has already been made – haunted by the memories of those he was forced to leave behind, he must jeopardize all that he has left in a desperate bid to save the Federation. And for Captain Ezri Dax of the USS Aventine, whose impetuous youth is balanced by the wisdom of many lifetimes, the choice is a simple one: there is no going back – only forward to whatever future awaits them...
- CONTAINS THE COMPLETE AND CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED DESTINY TRILOGY
- See the separate volumes for individual summaries.
Background information Edit
- The omnibus' cover reuses the art from Mere Mortals.
- Author David Mack edited the contents of the three individual novels to combine them into the Omnibus Edition, and he states in his blog that the Omnibus Edition is the "definitive edition" of The Destiny Trilogy, as it should be read.