(written from a Production point of view)
A sister publication of The Official Starships Collection, it is authorized and licensed by CBS Consumer Products. The magazine, slated for release monthly, was released simultaneously in the US and the UK, and was made available (in English) to several European countries. The US webshop also ships products to Canada and Mexico.
Each standard issue includes a (roughly) six to ten inch-long (150 to 250 mm-long) hand-painted scaled replica of a starship from the Star Trek: Discovery series. Cast in ABS and die-cast metal, a number of starship designs will be reproduced here (as a miniature) for the first time by any manufacturer.
Available separately, larger "XL Edition" starship models, metallic resin dedication plaques and dedicated magazine binders are in production. Gift premiums have also been released to subscribers.
The 3D starship models are converted into tooling masters at the Holinail Group, Eaglemoss' manufacturing partner in Shenzhen, China  and 2D renders are used for the publication's illustrations by its editors in the UK.
Production stills, concept art and newly-created orthographic views are utilized extensively, and new interviews with DIS starship designers including Goran Delic, JD Dickenson, John Eaves, and Sam Michlap were conducted.
Some of this content was (or will be) published by Random House in two hardcover mass-market reference books from the Star Trek: Shipyards series, within the Starfleet Ships 2151-2293 and The Klingon Fleet volumes.  Also incorporating some of this material, an upcoming volume of the Star Trek: Designing Starships book series will feature DIS starships and is slated for publication in 2019. 
Each sixteen-page magazine (measuring 168 × 218 mm) fits within the printed cardboard box that the model is shipped in.
Products are available by subscription and to the general public through the company's webshops, newsagents and retailers associated with Diamond Comic Distributors.
|1||USS Shenzhou NCC-1227
|2||USS Discovery NCC-1031
|3||USS Kerala NCC-1255
|5||USS Europa NCC-1648
|7||USS Buran NCC-1422
|8||Klingon Qugh Class
|9||USS Clarke NCC-1661
|10||Klingon Qoj Class
|11||USS Shran NCC-1413
|12||USS Enterprise NCC-1701 (2257)
Convention-exclusive variant Edit
The USS Glenn, the line's first convention-exclusive registry variant model, was produced in a limited edition of 500 units (worldwide) and was available for purchase at the 2018 Official Star Trek Convention, New York Comic Con and the Destination Star Trek Birmingham convention. Later in the year, a small number were also briefly available from Eaglemoss' UK and US webshops. Each ship was retailed with the USS Discovery's magazine and stand.
|(1)||USS Glenn NCC-1030 Limited Edition Variant
Confirmed upcoming issues: Federation Edit
|TBA||USS Edison NCC-1683|
|TBA||USS Hiawatha NCC-815|
|TBA||USS T'Plana-Hath NCC-1004|
Confirmed upcoming issues: KlingonEdit
|TBA||bortaS bir Class|
|TBA||'etlh Class Destroyer|
XL Edition issue Edit
|1||Sarcophagus Ship Special Issue
Confirmed upcoming XL Edition issues Edit
|TBA||Federation Space Station|
Magazine binder Edit
Each "mini-binder" will store ten of the magazines.
Following unexpected production delays with the gift premiums, one binder was provided to early subscribers as a free bonus gift.
Dedication plaques Edit
Scaled replicas of starship dedication plaque are cast from metallic resin and were previously distributed as gift premiums for subscribers.
|(1)||USS Shenzhou NCC-1227 Dedication Plaque||222 mm|
|(2)||USS Discovery NCC-1031 Dedication Plaque|
Released as a subscriber gift premium in February 2019, the company also retails this scaled figure through its webshops.
Gift premiums Edit
Gift premiums are provided to subscribers at specific subscription milestones. As seen above, some products are also retailed to the general public through Eaglemoss' webshops.
|(1)||N/A||USS Shenzhou enamel pin (June to October 2018)||57 mm ø||N/A|
|(2)||N/A||Scale chart poster (× 2)||594 × 420 mm (× 2)||N/A|
|(3)||USS Shenzhou NCC-1227 Dedication Plaque||222 mm|
|(4)||USS Discovery NCC-1031 Dedication Plaque|
|(6)||ISS Shenzhou NCC-1227||200 mm||1:2115|
Background information Edit
- The USS Enterprise (as seen in DIS) was released as an XL model in the first Starships Collection, prior to its slated 2019 release as a standard-sized model in this line.
- Translations of some Klingon language starship names appeared on a poster that was sent to subscribers: bortaS bir (Cold Revenge), Chargh (Conquer), 'etlh (Blade), Jach (Scream), Qaw' (Destroy), Qoj (War), Qugh (Disaster), Sech (Torch), and Veqlargh (Demon).
- A render of the USS Gagarin appeared on the poster but was replaced in the collection by the USS Kerala, another Shepard-class ship. Robinson and Eaves were not able to confirm whether further intended modifications to the original studio model had been made, prior to its on-screen appearance as the Gagarin. 
- In August 2018, the project manager announced that the USS Buran, another Cardenas-class vessel, had replaced the USS Yeager in the line-up.
- On After Trek, the DIS companion series, prototype models of the collection's USS Discovery and USS Shenzhou were displayed as set decorations behind host Matt Mira, among other Star Trek memorabilia. 
- Ben Robinson has indicated that the company has tentative plans to launch subscriptions in Australia and Canada.
- In 2018, Eaglemoss also partnered with Simon & Schuster for a US contest to cross-promote the Collection and the first three Star Trek: Discovery novels. 
- Eight units of the limited edition USS Glenn model were damaged at the UK warehouse and were judged unfit for release to the last eight customers who had ordered them online. Besides providing a full refund, further compensation and a handwritten apology, the company sent (at least) one unpainted production prototype of a starship model to each of the affected customers.
- Star Trek: Discovery Starships Collection – official UK and Europe subscription website
- Eaglemoss.com – official UK and Europe webshop
- Star Trek: Discovery Starships Collection – official US subscription website
- Eaglemoss.com – official US, Canada and Mexico webshop
- HeroCollector.com – Eaglemoss Collections' general collector website and webshop
- Ben Robinson (project manager) at Twitter
- HeroCollector Star Trek Fan Group - unofficial fan forum at Facebook
- Geekology - Star Trek Official Starship Collection Videos playlist at Youtube
- Irish Trekkie - Star Trek: Discovery Starships playlist at Youtube
- Some Kind of Star Trek - Star Trek: Discovery - The Official Starships Collection articles
- Trek Collective Lists - Star Trek: Discovery - The Official Starships Collection index
- TrekCore.com - The Official Starships Collection articles and reviews
- Wixiban's Star Trek Collectables Portal - Eaglemoss Discovery Replicas index