(written from a Production point of view)
The novelization of Star Trek: First Contact is an adaptation of Star Trek: First Contact, written by J.M. Dillard. Published by Pocket Books, the novel was first released in hardback in December 1996.
- From the book jacket
- From the deepest, darkest reaches of space came the greatest threat the Federation had ever faced: the Borg. Half organic/half mechanical, the Borg were relentless and bent on conquering and "assimilating" all intelligent life; a single Borg vessel destroyed thirty-nine Federation starships, decimating Starfleet.
- Stronger and more dangerous than ever, they are ready to launch a new attack against the Federation, one that threatens its past… its present… and its future.
- Only the courage and determination of Captain Jean-Luc Picard and his crew can prevent the Borg from striking at the heart of the Federation and Earth.
- The audiobook version was abridged by George Truett.
- Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens wrote a section in this book (the hardcover, at least) on the making of the movie.
- Pocket Books released a trade paperback edition to its international markets simultaneously with the US hardcover.
- The novelization mentions Worf's posting to Deep Space 9 under Benjamin Sisko's command, unlike the film.
- Jean-Luc Picard
- William T. Riker
- Beverly Crusher
- Deanna Troi
- Geordi La Forge
- Zefram Cochrane
- Borg Queen
- Young adult novelization
- Star Trek: First Contact - The Borg
- Star Trek: First Contact - Breaking the Barrier
- Star Trek: First Contact - The Movie Storybook
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|Star Trek: Klingon|| Pocket TNG|
|Star Trek: Insurrection|
|Star Trek Generations||Star Trek films|