(written from a Production point of view)
The novelization of the hit CD-ROM!
Star Trek: Klingon is an adaptation of the Star Trek: Klingon computer game, written by Dean Wesley Smith and Kristine Kathryn Rusch. Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in May 1996. The adaptation sets the story of the game as a tale told by Gowron during a summit between the Federation and the Klingon Empire on Deep Space 9.
- From the book jacket
- The Klingon Empire remains the Federation's most fearsome and uneasy ally, but can any Human fully understand the heart and soul of a true Klingon warrior? During crucial negotiations on Deep Space 9, Gowron, leader of the Klingon High Council, tests Human understanding of the Klingon way by sharing the powerful story of one warrior's quest for honor…
- Pok is a young Klingon caught up in the dangerous complexities of clan politics. When his father is murdered in his own home on the day of Pok's Rite of Ascension, Pok must find the assassin and close the circle of vengeance. But as he searches for the truth amidst strange aliens and treacherous friends, Pok discovers that every day can be a good day to die and that only his own warrior's training stands between him and the business end of d'k tahg knife!
Background information Edit
- The Author's Note establishes that the novel takes place before Benjamin Sisko's promotion to captain. The Star Trek Fiction Timeline in Voyages of Imagination places it in 2370, after DS9: "Melora".
- The novel includes a detailed "making-of" feature, setting out the process of developing the computer game, written by David Mack. This is Mack's first contribution to a Star Trek book.
- Samples of the four Star Trek: Invasion! novels are also included in the novel's backmatter.
- In Pocket Books' backlist, this novel is included as both a Pocket TNG and a Pocket DS9 novel.
- Klingon captain of IKS BotKa.
- Deep Space 9
- IKS BotKa
- Klingon Bird-of-Prey, late of Captain cha'DIch.
- IKS Bortas
- Warship of Chancellor Gowron
- IKS Tagana
- Bird-of-Prey temporarily commanded by Chancellor Gowron.
- Pakled ship
- USS Merrimac
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|Star Trek Generations|| Pocket TNG|
|Star Trek: First Contact|
|The Way of the Warrior|| Pocket DS9|
|Trials and Tribble-ations|