(written from a Production point of view)
This page contains information regarding Star Trek: Lower Decks, and thus may contain spoilers.
- Memory Alpha contains spoilers to released material only. No information about this series can be added until CBS or an identified studio source discusses information with a press outlet, such as a news service. Because Memory Alpha does not want to include unconfirmed data, please use the talk page to suggest or explain an addition to this article, only if it has a citation that could be referenced here.
Star Trek: Lower Decks is the ninth main series set in the Star Trek universe, the tenth including the companion series Star Trek: Short Treks, and the twelfth Star Trek series overall. It is the second series to be entirely animated, after Star Trek: The Animated Series, with episodes running half an hour, and the third series to have animated episodes, after Short Treks. Lower Decks is the first original animated series commissioned by CBS All Access, as well as the first produced by the new CBS animation arm, CBS Eye Animation Productions, and was announced in October 2018, with All Access committing to a two-season order. 
Created by Mike McMahan, the series is an adult animation comedy produced in association with Titmouse, Inc. and forms part of Alex Kurtzman's five-year deal with CBS to expand the Star Trek franchise. Lower Decks focuses on "the support crew serving on one of Starfleet's least important ships." 
The show takes place aboard the California-class USS Cerritos on the "lower decks".  The show's time period is described as the Star Trek: The Next Generation-era, more specifically 2380, after Star Trek Nemesis.  
A full-length trailer was released on 12 July 2020. 
McMahan has acknowledged that some fans have referred to the four leading characters as "the warp core four," though the production team's shorthand for them is "The Lower Deckers." 
↑ John Van Citters has chosen "LDS" as the series' official abbreviation, while also alluding to it being a reference to Kirk's line about LSD in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.  This is consistent with the three letter abbreviations for other series, though no "official" abbreviations have been given for Star Trek: Short Treks, After Trek, or The Ready Room. MA will use the abbreviation "LD" for Lower Decks to remain consistent with using the first letter in titles with more than one word after Star Trek.
Cast of characters
- Tawny Newsome as Ensign Beckett Mariner
- Jack Quaid as Ensign Brad Boimler
- Noël Wells as Ensign D'Vana Tendi
- Eugene Cordero as Ensign Sam Rutherford
- Dawnn Lewis as Captain Carol Freeman
- Jerry O'Connell as Commander Jack Ransom
- Fred Tatasciore as Lieutenant Shaxs
- Gillian Vigman as Dr. T'Ana
Special guest stars
- John de Lancie as "Q"
- Jonathan Frakes as "Capt. William T. Riker"
- Marina Sirtis as "Cmdr. Deanna Troi"
- Robert Duncan McNeill as "Lt. Tom Paris"
- Jeffrey Combs as "AGIMUS"
- Alice Krige as "Borg Queen"
- Lycia Naff as "Capt. Sonya Gomez"
Additional recurring characters
- Eugene Cordero as Lieutenant j.g. Winger Bingston, Jr.
- Phil LaMarr as Admiral Freeman
- Lauren Lapkus as Ensign Jennifer Sh'reyan
- Jack McBrayer as Badgey
- Jessica McKenna as Ensign Barnes / Cerritos computer
- Sam Richardson as Ensign Vendome
- Tim Robinson as Ensign Fletcher
- Ben Rodgers as Lieutenant Commander Steve Stevens
- Paul Scheer as Lieutenant Commander Andy Billups
- Carl Tart as Lieutenant j.g. Kayshon
- Gillian Vigman as Captain Dayton
- Paul F. Tompkins as Dr. Migleemo
LD Season 1, 10 episodes:
|Cupid's Errant Arrow||1x05||LD-1005||57601.3||2020-09-03|
|Much Ado About Boimler||1x07||LD-1007||57752.6||2020-09-17|
|No Small Parts||1x10||LD-1010||Unknown||2020-10-08|
LD Season 2, 10 episodes:
|Kayshon, His Eyes Open||2x02||LD-2002||58001.2||2021-08-19|
|We'll Always Have Tom Paris||2x03||LD-2003||Unknown||2021-08-26|
|An Embarrassment Of Dooplers||2x05||LD-2005||58053.9||2021-09-09|
|The Spy Humongous||2x06||LD-2006||58105.1||2021-09-16|
|Where Pleasant Fountains Lie||2x07||LD-2007||Unknown||2021-09-23|
|First First Contact||2x10||LD-2010||58130.6||2021-10-14|
LD Season 3, 10 episodes:
- Ruth Lambert
- Robert McGee
- Casting assistants
- April Caputi
- Robert Lee Terry
- Co-executive producers
- Aaron Baiers
- Chris Kula
- Executive producers
- Head writer
- Mike McMahan – executive producer
- Staff writers
- Garrick Bernard
- John Cochran
- Dave Ihlenfeld
- Ben Joseph
- Ann Kim
- Ben Rodgers
- Dave Wright
- Story editor
- M. Willis
- Supervising Producers
- Ben Kalina
- Chris Prynoski
- Shannon Prynoski
- Dave Ihlenfeld
- David Wright
- CBS Eye Animation Productions
- Roddenberry Entertainment
- Secret Hideout
- Important Science
- Titmouse, Inc.
- Season 1
- Season 2
Eaglemoss/Hero Collector revealed that the USS Cerritos, USS Titan, and USS Vancouver have been manufactured as starship miniatures and confirmed that its Lower Decks ships line would debut at retail in January 2022.  
These three starships are also explored in the second edition of the company's Star Trek: Shipyards - Starfleet Ships 2294 to the Future reference book, which was released in August 2021. 
On 13 July 2021, ViacomCBS Consumer Products and Playmates Toys jointly announced that the latter had acquired new licensing for "action figures, vehicles and ships, role play and other toy categories", and slated the first of these products for retail release in 2022. Among other Star Trek series and films, this licensing encompasses Lower Decks, Star Trek: Discovery, Star Trek: Picard, and Star Trek: Prodigy. 
Star Trek: Lower Decks has been nominated for one Emmy Award, in the category of "Outstanding Sound Editing For A Comedy Or Drama Series (Half-Hour) And Animation".
|Star Trek television series|
|The Original Series • The Animated Series • The Next Generation • Deep Space Nine • Voyager • Enterprise • Discovery • Picard • Lower Decks • Prodigy|
|Companion series: After Trek • Short Treks • The Ready Room|
|In development: Strange New Worlds • Untitled Section 31 series • Untitled Khan series|