(written from a Production point of view)
The Ships of the Line calendar for 2004 featured images for each month, some newly created for the calendar, some from episodes or movies. Events depicted in this calendar are not considered to be canon.
- Publisher's description
- Ships of the Line is the best-seller in this extraordinary line of calendars, and features thirteen spectacular, awe-inspiring images created exclusively for this calendar. Included are ships from the three hundred years of Starfleet history. Plus, the unique horizontal format opens up the sweeping vistas of this peerless artwork. The exclusive art and large format is what has made this calendar the number one seller year after year, appealing to all Star Trek fans.
The 2004 calendar featured the following images:
- Cover ("They Came Screaming Out Of The Sun") – USS Enterprise-A, USS Excelsior, and three Klingon battle cruisers, by Jose Perez.
- January ("The Dream Is Alive") – Enterprise NX-01 under construction, by Sean Scott.
- February ("A Covert Rendezvous") – USS Enterprise (movie refit version) and USS Lexington (a movie refit Constitution-class ship) in an asteroid field, by Robert Bonchune.
- March ("Doomsday") – USS Enterprise and USS Constellation fighting the Doomsday machine (from "The Doomsday Machine"), by Daren R. Dochterman.
- April ("Homeward Bound") – The Delta Flyer traveling towards USS Voyager, by Doug Drexler.
- May ("Capturing God") – USS Enterprise within V'Ger (from Star Trek: The Motion Picture), by Lee Stringer.
- June ("Enterprise Incident") – Enterprise NX-01 and two Romulan Birds-of-Prey in a minefield (from "Minefield"), by Koji Kuramura
- Centerfold ("Ode To Bonestell") – Work crews on Enterprise NX-01's hull, by John M. Teska
- July ("Voyager Of The Seas") – USS Voyager traveling above a stormy ocean, by Kyle Toucher.
- August ("Home Again") – A shuttlepod returning to Enterprise NX-01, by Koji Kuramura.
- September ("Enterprise At Romulus") – USS Enterprise-E in orbit of Romulus (from Star Trek Nemesis), by Jay Barton.
- October ("The Rock And The Hardplace") – Enterprise NX-01 between Vulcan and Andorian warships (from "Cease Fire"), by Koji Kuramura.
- November ("Making For Deep Water") – USS Enterprise-D and an Excelsior-class ship approaching a starbase, by Doug Drexler.
- December ("A World To Win. An Empire To Build") – USS Enterprise and SS Botany Bay orbiting Ceti Alpha V (from "Space Seed"), by Daren R. Dochterman.
- First edition published under the editorial auspices of Doug Drexler and Margaret Clark.
- For the 2014 edition of the Ships of the Line book derivative, three of the images were re-named – Teska's "Ode to Bonestell" to "Oops!", Toucher's "Voyager of the Seas" to "Poseidon's Domain", and Dochterman's "A World To Win. An Empire To Build" to "Space Seed".
|Previous calendar:||Series||Next calendar:|
|Star Trek: Ships of the Line (2003)||Star Trek: Ships of the Line||Star Trek: Ships of the Line (2005)|