(written from a Production point of view)
Star Trek: Shipyards – Alpha Quadrant and Major Species: Acamarian to Ktarian, subtitled The Encyclopedia of Star Trek Ships, is a forthcoming hardcover reference book that was edited by Ben Robinson.
The seventh mass-market book in the Shipyards series and the first volume of the Alpha Quadrant and Major Species set within it, it is slated for publication on March 2022 by Eaglemoss Collections through Penguin Random House's Publisher Services division, under the former company's Hero Collector imprint.
- Boldly go and explore the ally and enemy ships encountered by the Federation in the Alpha and Beta Quadrants in the newest Star Trek Shipyards book.
- Hero Collector’s popular Star Trek Shipyards series continues with detailed looks at ships from the Alpha and Beta Quadrants as seen in Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: The Original Series, and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. First up? Ships of the Breen, Cardassians, and those pesky Ferengi. Each featured ship is profiled with technical details, in-universe operational history, and illustrated with plan-view CG renders, wherever possible utilizing the original VFX models created for the Star Trek shows and features from across the franchise’s remarkable 55 years.
- This volume includes more than 40 ships, including the Anaxar cargo vessel, the Breen Warship, the Cardassian Bok’Nor, Cardassian military freighter, the Ferengi shuttle, the Gorn warship, the Husnok warship, and the Jem'Hadar battlecruiser.
- The book will incorporate a number of "in-universz" starship profile articles that were produced for Eaglemoss Collections' Official Starships Collection partwork, combined with a considerable quantity of new artwork, charts, and articles.
- Editor Ben Robinson characterized the book series as an attempt to create "an equivalent of Jane's Fighting Ships for Star Trek". 
- Bernd Schneider and (MA admin) Jörg Hillebrand of Ex Astris Scientia, the noted Star Trek reference website, have assisted CG modeler Fabio Passaro by providing reference material for many of these alien vessels and lesser-known "ships of the week".  
- The first solicitation title for the book was Star Trek Shipyards - The Alpha and Beta Quadrant: Volume 1.
|Previous volume:||Series||Next volume:|
|Star Trek: Shipyards - Delta Quadrant: Ledosian to Zahl||Star Trek: Shipyards||Star Trek: Shipyards - Alpha Quadrant and Major Species: Lysian to Romulan|