(written from a Production point of view)
The fourth mass-market volume in the Shipyards series, it was published by Eaglemoss Collections through Penguin Random House's Publisher Services division on 19 November 2019, under the former company's Hero Collector imprint.
This book was also published as a volume within the Star Trek: Shipyards - Starfleet & the Federation Box Set.
- Solicitation blurb
- Star Trek Shipyards is a series of lavishly illustrated books that provide in-universe profiles of Star Trek ships, building into the ultimate illustrated encyclopedia of Star Trek vessels. Each ship is profiled with all available technical information, operational history and plan view CG renders – wherever possible using the original VFX models that were used on the TV shows and movies.
- Federation Members is latest volume in the Star Trek Shipyards series. Features more than 30 ships from the United Federation of Planets and their in-universe history including Romulan, Bajoran, Xindi, Tellarite, Andorian, Medusan, and Vulcan ships.
- Each ship is illustrated in CG artwork, including original VFX models made for the TV show, alongside a technical overview and operational history. Chapters include size charts, showing the ships to scale. An index lists ships, commanders and classes.
- Chapter 1: Vulcan Command Fleet
- Vulcan Survey Vessel D'Vahl, p. 10
- Vulcan Survey Ship, p. 16
- Vulcan D'Kyr Type, p. 22
- D'Kyr Support Craft, p. 28
- Vulcan Surak Class, p. 32
- Vulcan Ni'Var, p. 38
- The Vahklas, p. 40
- Vulcan Cruiser, p. 46
- Vulcan T'Pau, p. 50
- Vulcan T'Plana Hath, p. 56
- Vulcan Sled, p. 60
- Size Chart, p. 68
- Chapter 2: Alpha and Beta Quadrant Species
- Andorian Battle Cruiser, p. 72
- Andorian Interceptor, p. 78
- Tellarite Cruiser, p. 82
- Tellarite Freighter, p. 88
- Bajoran Solar Sailor, p. 92
- Bajoran Raider, p. 98
- Bajoran Assault Vessel, p. 104
- Bajoran Freighter, p. 110
- Trill Science Vessel, p. 116
- SS Lakul, p. 120
- Size Chart, p. 124
- Chapter 3: Civilian Federation Ships
- The Festoon, p. 128
- Harry Mudd's Class-J Starship, p. 132
- Medusan Ship, p. 136
- SS Xhosa, p. 144
- The Arcos, p. 150
- Federation Holoship, p. 154
- Size Chart, p. 160
Background information Edit
- The book is principally composed of "in-universe" starship articles produced for Eaglemoss Collections' Official Starships Collection partwork, combined with a number of new charts and articles.
- Co-author Ben Robinson characterized the book series as an attempt to create "an equivalent of Jane's Fighting Ships for Star Trek". .
Cover gallery Edit
|Previous volume:||Series||Next volume:|
|Star Trek: Shipyards - The Klingon Fleet||Star Trek: Shipyards||Star Trek: Shipyards - The Borg and Delta Quadrant: Akritirian to Krenim|