(written from a Production point of view)
The first volume in the Shipyards series, two editions of the book were published under the Hero Collector imprint by Eaglemoss Collections through Penguin Random House's Publisher Services division in on 25 September 2018.
The "Books-A-Million Edition" of the book (not shown below) bore a variant cover and was exclusively retailed by the American bookshop chain, Books-A-Million.
This book was also published as the first volume within the Star Trek: Shipyards - Starfleet & the Federation Box Set.
In Japan, the book was published by De Agostini as Star Trek: Shipyards Vol. 1 - Starfleet Ships 2151-2293, along with a Japanese edition of the second volume of the series. Polish edition of these books were also published by HarperCollins Publishers.
- Solicitation blurb
- Never before has a chronological history of all the Starfleet ships featured in the Star Trek television programs and films been made available to the dedicated fan base of Star Trek. This first volume of the series presents the technical information, service history, and artwork, sourced from the original visual effects models, from the hit television series Star Trek: Discovery through the film Star Trek Generations and comes packaged with a diecast collectible model of the iconic USS Enterprise from the original 1966 television series.
- Contents, p. 4
- Acknowledgements, p. 6
- Foreword, p. 7
- Chapter 1: The Road To Warp 5
- SS Botany Bay, p. 10
- OV-165, p. 16
- Phoenix, p. 20
- SS Emmette, p. 26
- NX-Alpha, p. 30
- Intrepid, p. 36
- Warp Delta, p. 42
- Earth Cargo Service: Fortunate, p. 48
- Earth Cargo Service: Horizon, p. 54
- Moon Transport, p. 60
- Size Chart, p. 66
- Significant Events 1990-2151, p. 68
- Chapter 2: Starfleet Ships 2151-2293
- Enterprise NX-01, p. 72
- Daedalus Class, p. 78
- USS Shenzhou NCC-1227, p. 84
- USS Discovery NCC-1031, p. 88
- USS Kerala NCC-1255, p. 92
- USS Europa NCC-1648, p. 96
- USS Yeager NCC-1437, p. 100
- USS Clarke NCC-1661, p. 104
- USS T'Plana Hath NCC-1004, p. 108
- USS Edison NCC-1683, p. 112
- USS Shran NCC-1413, p. 116
- USS Reliant NCC-1864, p. 120
- Antares NCC-501, p. 126
- USS Enterprise, p. 132
- USS Enterprise NCC-1701 (Refit), p. 138
- USS Bozeman NCC-1941, p. 144
- USS Excelsior NCC-2000, p. 150
- Oberth Class, p. 158
- USS Enterprise NCC-1701-A, p. 164
- USS Jenolan NCC-2010, p. 170
- USS Enterprise NCC-1701-B, p. 176
- Size Chart, p. 182
- Significant Events 2152-2293, p. 186
- Class Listing, p. 188
- Index, p. 190
- Credits, p. 192
- Volumes in this series are executed in the 22.86 × 29.21 cm measuring hardback in dust-jacket book format, Eaglemoss' standard format for nearly all its Star Trek-related reference books.
- The book is principally composed of "in-universe" starship profile articles produced for Eaglemoss Collections' Official Starships Collection partwork, combined with expanded text content and new artwork, charts, and articles.
- Co-author Ben Robinson characterized the book series as an attempt to create "an equivalent of Jane's Fighting Ships for Star Trek". .
- The pre-publication title of the book was Star Trek: Shipyards - Starfleet Ships 2063-2293.
- While Eaglemoss' "regular" digital modelers, Fabio Passaro, Ed Giddings, Robert Bonchune, and Adam Lebowitz have received individual credits as "illustrators" (p. 192), none of Pixomondo's digital artists who worked on Star Trek: Discovery are named. The VFX company's name was substituted, whereas prior (digital) artists' names had generally been listed in earlier acknowledgements (p. 6). The lack of individual Pixomondo credits and acknowledgements is likely due to Passaro's work to re-render these models for the DIS partwork, as Pixomondo's Autodesk Maya CGI models needed to be converted into LightWave 3D, Eaglemoss' software package of choice.  
- The 2019 Japanese edition was translated by Henshu Shukan , bore De Agostini and Ash Creative logos on its back cover, and was simultaneously released with the second volume.
- The 2020 Polish edition, Star Trek: Statki Gwiezdnej Floty 2151-2293, was translated by Klaudyna Cwynar  and was published (without a dust jacket) under the Egmont imprint, a subsidiary of HarperCollins Publishers. Released later in 2020, the Polish edition of the second volume bore the HarperCollins logo (rather than the Egmont logo) on its cover.
|Previous volume:||Series||Next volume:|
|First volume in series||Star Trek: Shipyards||Star Trek: Shipyards - Starfleet Ships 2294 to the Future|