(written from a Production point of view)
Star Trek: Shipyards – Starfleet Ships 2294 to the Future, subtitled The Encyclopedia of Star Trek Ships, is a mass-market hardcover reference book that was co-authored by Ben Robinson and Marcus Riley.
The second volume in the Shipyards series, it was published by Eaglemoss Collections through Penguin Random House's Publisher Services division on 13 November 2018, under the former company's Hero Collector imprint.
The "Books-A-Million Edition" of the book's first edition bore a variant cover and was exclusively retailed by the American bookshop chain, Books-A-Million.
In Japan, the first edition of the book was published by De Agostini as Star Trek: Shipyards Vol. 2 - Starfleet Ships 2294 to the Future, and carried its imprint on the cover. The company also published a Japanese edition of the first volume of the series.
The first edition of the book was also published as the second volume within the Star Trek: Shipyards - Starfleet & the Federation Box Set.
A newly revised second edition of the book is slated for publication on 3 August 2021 and includes seventy pages of new material, featuring Starfleet ships from Star Trek: Discovery's third season and vessels from Star Trek: Picard. 
- Solicitation blurb
- The second volume presenting the first chronological history of all of the Starfleet ships featured in the Star Trek television programs and films. This volume presents the technical information, service history, and artwork of the iconic ships featured in Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Voyager, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: First Contact, and Star Trek Nemesis.
- Contents, p. 4
- Acknowledgements, p. 6
- Foreword, p. 7
- Chapter 1: Small Transports
- USS Raven NAR-32450, p. 10
- Starfleet Runabout, p. 16
- Federation Mission Scout, p. 22
- Delta Flyer, p. 28
- Size Chart, p. 34
- Chapter 2: Fighters
- Maquis Raider, p. 38
- Starfleet Academy Flight Training Craft, p. 44
- Federation Attack Fighter, p. 50
- Size Chart, p. 55
- Chapter 3: Multi-mission Explorers
- USS Lantree NCC-1837, p. 60
- USS Stargazer NCC-2893, p. 66
- USS Enterprise NCC-1701-C, p. 72
- Nebula Class, p. 78
- USS Phoenix NCC-65420, p. 84
- USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D, p. 90
- USS Saratoga NCC-31911, p. 96
- USS Defiant NX-74205, p. 102
- Cheyenne Class, p. 110
- Springfield Class, p. 114
- Challenger Class, p. 118
- Freedom Class, p. 122
- Niagara Class, p. 126
- New Orleans Class, p. 132
- USS Equinox NCC-72381, p. 138
- USS Pasteur NCC-58925, p. 146
- Federation Tug, p. 152
- USS Voyager NCC-74656, p. 156
- Steamrunner Class, p. 162
- Saber Class, p. 168
- Norway Class, p. 174
- USS Prometheus NCC-59650, p. 180
- USS Centaur NCC-42043, p. 188
- USS Curry NCC-42254, p. 194
- USS Enterprise NCC-1701-E, p. 200
- Size Chart, p. 206
- Chapter 4: The Future
- USS Enterprise NCC-1701-J, p. 212
- USS Relativity NCV-474439-G, p. 216
- Federation Timeship Aeon, p. 222
- Size Chart, p. 228
- Class Listing, p. 230
- Index, p. 234
- Credits, p. 236
- The book is principally composed of "in-universe" starship profile articles produced for Eaglemoss Collections' Official Starships Collection partwork, combined with expanded text content and new artwork, charts, and articles. The second edition will incorporate articles from the Star Trek Universe: The Official Starships Collection.
- Co-author Ben Robinson characterized the book series as an attempt to create "an equivalent of Jane's Fighting Ships for Star Trek". .
- Despite being present on the cover, the Akira-class starship was not covered in the first edition of the book. The otherwise unexplained omission was pointed out by numerous baffled Amazon.com reviewers, indicating its status as a fan-favorite,  and had already been the subject of one of the first magazines (issue 12) produced for The Official Starships Collection.
|Previous volume:||Series||Next volume:|
|Star Trek: Shipyards - Starfleet Ships 2151-2293||Star Trek: Shipyards||Star Trek: Shipyards - The Klingon Fleet|