(written from a Production point of view)
Star Trek: Shipyards – The Borg and Delta Quadrant: Akritirian to Krenim, subtitled The Encyclopedia of Star Trek Ships, is a hardcover reference book that was co-authored by Ian Chaddock, Marcus Riley, and Mark Wright, and co-edited by Ben Robinson.
The fifth mass-market volume in the Shipyards series, it was published by Eaglemoss Collections through Penguin Random House's Publisher Services division on 20 April 2021, under the former company's Hero Collector imprint.
- Solicitation blurb
- Featuring ships of the Borg and vessels of the Delta Quadrant, the first of two companion volumes of ships from STAR TREK: VOYAGER.
- This volume begins with the ships operated by STAR TREK's greatest villains: the Borg, including the Borg Cube and Sphere, the Borg Queen's Ship, the Renegade Borg Vessel and the Borg Tactical Cube. From there, it profiles more than thirty-five ships operated by the species Voyager encountered in the Delta Quadrant, featuring ships from A - Akritirian to K - Krenim.
- With technical overviews and operational histories, the ships are illustrated with CG artwork - including original VFX models made for the show.
- After you read this, be sure to check out the companion volume - THE DELTA QUADRANT: Ledosian to Zahl, which profiles more than 50 ships of the Delta Quadrant species, among them the Lokirrim Warship, the Species 8472 Bioship, and the Vidiian Warships.
- With previously unseen artwork specially created in CG, the two official volumes form the most comprehensive account of Delta Quadrant ships from STAR TREK VOYAGER ever produced.
- THE BORG AND DELTA QUADRANT: Akritirian to Krenim IS THE FIFTH BOOK IN THE SERIES STAR TREK SHIPYARDS.
- Chapter 1: The Borg
- Cube, p. 10
- Sphere, p. 16
- Queen's Ship, p. 20
- Renegade Ship, p. 26
- Tactical Cube, p. 32
- Probe, p. 38
- Size Chart, p. 44
- Chapter 2: The Delta Quadrant
- Abaddon's "Junk Ship", p. 48
- Akritirian Freighter, p. 50
- Akritirian Patrol Ship, p. 51
- Aksani Racing Shuttle, p. 52
- Alice, p. 54
- Ankari Ship, p. 60
- Annari Warship, p. 62
- Annari Combat Ship, p. 63
- Antarian Trans-Stellar Rally, p. 64
- Bo'mar Patrol Ship, p. 68
- Ba'neth Ship, p. 74
- Benthan Patrol Ship, p. 75
- Benthan Coaxial Drive Prototype, p. 76
- Bothan Ship Type 1, p. 82
- Brunali Transport Ship, p. 84
- Caatati Ship Type 1, p. 86
- Caatati Ship Type 2, p. 88
- Chokuzan Ship, p. 90
- Cravic Starship, p. 94
- Cytoplasmic Life-form Ship, p. 98
- Daelen's Ship, p. 102
- USS Dauntless, p. 104
- Dala's "Delta Flyer", p. 110
- Devore Warship, p. 116
- Devore Shuttle, p. 122
- Dinaali Hospital Ship, p. 124
- Dralian Ship, p. 128
- Drayan Starship, p. 130
- Entharan Ship, p. 132
- Flea Ship, p. 134
- Hazari Warship, p. 138
- Hazari Scout Ship, p. 142
- Hierarchy Ships, p. 144
- Hirogen Holoship, p. 152
- Hirogen Warship, p. 158
- Hirogen Venatic Class, p. 164
- Ilari Ship, p. 168
- Imhotep Racing Shuttle, p. 170
- Irina's Racing Ship, p. 174
- Kazon and Trabe Carrier, p. 180
- Kazon and Trabe Fighter, p. 184
- Kazon Raider, p. 186
- Kes' Shuttle, p. 192
- Kobali Ship, p. 198
- Kraylor Medical Transport (Nightingale), p. 200
- Krenim Patrol Ship, p. 206
- Krenim Warship, p. 210
- Krenim Temporal Weapon Ship, p. 216
- Ships A-K, with Episodes, p. 222
- Episode Index, p. 224
- Episodes, Series and Season, p. 226
- The book is composed of a number of "in-universe" starship profile articles produced for Eaglemoss Collections' Official Starships Collection partwork, combined with an extensive amount of expanded text content and new artwork, charts, and articles.
- Co-editor Ben Robinson characterized the book series as an attempt to create "an equivalent of Jane's Fighting Ships for Star Trek". .
- For this book and its companion Delta Quadrant volume, the company commissioned new CG starship models for those few Voyager ships that were solely created as practical (physical) studio model (during the show's first three seasons) that had not been previously covered by the partwork. 
- Bernd Schneider and (MA admin) Jörg Hillebrand of Ex Astris Scientia, the noted Star Trek reference website, have assisted CG modeler Fabio Passaro by providing reference material for many of these alien vessels and lesser-known "ships of the week".  
- The first solicitation title of this book was Star Trek Shipyards: The Borg and Delta Quadrant.
|Previous volume:||Series||Next volume:|
|Star Trek: Shipyards - Federation Members||Star Trek: Shipyards||Star Trek: Shipyards - Delta Quadrant: Ledosian to Zahl|