(written from a Production point of view)
Star Trek: Shipyards – The Borg and Delta Quadrant: Akritirian to Krenim, subtitled The Encyclopedia of Star Trek Ships, is a forthcoming hardcover reference book that was co-authored by Ian Chaddock, Marcus Riley, and Mark Wright.
The fifth mass-market volume in the Shipyards series, it is slated for publication by Eaglemoss Collections through Penguin Random House's Publisher Services division on 30 March 2021, under the former company's Hero Collector imprint.
- Solicitation blurb
- Featuring ships of the Borg and vessels of the Delta Quadrant, the first of two companion volumes of ships from STAR TREK: VOYAGER.
- This volume begins with the ships operated by STAR TREK's greatest villains: the Borg, including the Borg Cube and Sphere, the Borg Queen's Ship, the Renegade Borg Vessel and the Borg Tactical Cube. From there, it profiles more than thirty-five ships operated by the species Voyager encountered in the Delta Quadrant, featuring ships from A - Akritirian to K - Krenim.
- With technical overviews and operational histories, the ships are illustrated with CG artwork - including original VFX models made for the show.
- After you read this, be sure to check out the companion volume - THE DELTA QUADRANT: Ledosian to Zahl, which profiles more than 50 ships of the Delta Quadrant species, among them the Lokirrim Warship, the Species 8472 Bioship, and the Vidiian Warships.
- With previously unseen artwork specially created in CG, the two official volumes form the most comprehensive account of Delta Quadrant ships from STAR TREK VOYAGER ever produced.
- THE BORG AND DELTA QUADRANT: Akritirian to Krenim IS THE FIFTH BOOK IN THE SERIES STAR TREK SHIPYARDS.
- The book is principally composed of "in-universe" starship profile articles produced for Eaglemoss Collections' Official Starships Collection partwork, combined with expanded text content and new artwork, charts, and articles.
- Co-author Ben Robinson characterized the book series as an attempt to create "an equivalent of Jane's Fighting Ships for Star Trek". .
- For this book and its companion Delta Quadrant volume, the company is creating new CG starship models for those few VOY ships that were solely created as practical (physical) studio models. 
- The pre-publication title of this book was Star Trek Shipyards: The Borg and Delta Quadrant.
|Previous volume:||Series||Next volume:|
|Star Trek: Shipyards - Federation Members||Star Trek: Shipyards||Star Trek: Shipyards - The Delta Quadrant: Ledosian to Zahl|