(written from a Production point of view)
Star Trek: The Motion Picture was the title given to the twenty-page movie program (including covers), presented to attendees of the 6 December 1979 world premiere of Star Trek: The Motion Picture, at the K-B MacArthur Theater in Washington, DC, and its subsequent reception at the Smithsonian Institute's National Air and Space Museum.
- Colophon, p. 2
- Credits, p. 4
- Introduction principal cast, p. 5:
- Aliens in Star Trek, pp. 6-7
- Introduction secondary cast, p. 8-9:
- Beauty shots spread studio models, pp. 10-11
- Production notes, pp. 12-17, introducing,
- Star Trek, the TV Series, p. 18
- "Space is not the Final Frontier", OMNI magazine blurb, p. 19
- The chapters "Aliens" and "Production notes" actually did contain quotes from production staffers involved with the production.
- Only made available to the guests of the world premiere event of 6 December 1979, additional copies could, for awhile, be obtained from New York City-based printer and distributor Parafen Publishing Corp. for $2.25 plus $1.50 shipping and handling, each. (back cover)
- The program was edited by Anne Lampert and designed by Dana Bryan. (back cover)
- Local printings of this program were available internationally in cinemas during the initial run of the movie.