(written from a Production point of view)
Star Trek: The Motion Picture – The Photostory is a Star Trek Photostories photonovel – adapting Star Trek: The Motion Picture – edited by Richard J. Anobile. Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in April 1980.
- From the book jacket
- Join the Enterprise on its greatest adventure in hundreds of full-color, live-action scenes from Paramount's blockbuster hit!
- Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty and he rest of the crew meet their greatest challenge – in all the brilliant color and excitement of the great motion picture hit!
- The adaptation is missing several scenes from the film, among them Kirk's discussion with Commander Sonak in the San Francisco air tram station, the death of Sonak in the transporter room, and Decker's interlude with the Ilia probe on the recreation deck.
- Copies intended for dissemination in British Canada, featured an additional maple leaf logo on the cover, but were otherwise, apart from the price imprint, identical to the US version, including the ISBN.
- While no internationally translated book editions are known to exist, a very similar but differently edited 1981 German serialized magazine version has been published in the television magazine Gong as Star Trek - Der Film. .
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture - The Photostory at Memory Beta, the wiki for licensed Star Trek works
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|First novel in series||Star Trek Photostories||Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan Photostory|