(written from a Production point of view)
Star Trek: The Next Generation – Starfleet Academy is a series of young adult novels. Published by Pocket Books (but produced by Minstrel Books) between 1993 and 1998, they follow the adventures of the USS Enterprise-D crew during their cadet days at Starfleet Academy.
- Worf's First Adventure
- Line of Fire
- Capture the Flag
- Atlantis Station
- Mystery of the Missing Crew
- Secret of the Lizard People
- Nova Command
- The Haunted Starship
- The first three books, written by Peter David, introduced characters who later became main characters in the author's Star Trek: New Frontier series.
- On the series' apparent lack of success, contributor Michael Jan Friedman expressed the view that it was down to "the way they were positioned in the bookstores, or not positioned. It was the way they were marketed or not marketed. It sort of went out there. Nobody knew about it. There was no presence in the bookstore and it kind of languished." (Voyages of Imagination, p. 680)
- Authors Brad and Kathi Ferguson were scheduled to write another novel in the series featuring Geordi La Forge and Will Riker; however, the series was discontinued before that could be completed. (Voyages of Imagination, p. 685)