(written from a Production point of view)
Star Trek: The Official Busts Collection is a British partwork magazine and product line that was published by Eaglemoss Collections under its Hero Collector imprint and had been available in a number of countries worldwide.
Authorized and licensed by CBS Consumer Products, the series featured eleven to fifteen centimeter-tall hand-painted polyresin busts of a number of Star Trek characters, with a focus on Starfleet captains and other memorable roles. Ben Robinson served as the Collection's project manager
Each sixteen-page magazine (measuring 160 × 222 mm) contained "in-universe" biographical information about the character, behind-the-scenes accounts from the cast, company, and writers, and was illustrated with stills from Star Trek productions.
Debuting at New York Comic Con on 4 October 2018, the line was available through company webshops and other retailers. Essentially a do-over of Robinson's Star Trek: The Figurine Collection for GE Fabbri (one of Eaglemoss' two direct predecessors) from 2006, the Bust Collection fared little better than its progenitor as it too failed to generate sufficient retail sales for it to become a commercially viable product line. In August 2020 the Bust Collection was prematurely discontinued after the release of only twelve character busts.
|1||Captain James T. Kirk
|15 cm||– holding a phaser and a communicator|
|14 cm||– performing the Vulcan salute|
|17.6 cm||– wielding a bat'leth|
|4||Lieutenant Commander Data
|14.6 cm||– using a tricorder|
|5||Captain Kathryn Janeway
|14.2 cm||– crossed arms|
|6||Seven of Nine
|14.5 cm||– holding a PADD|
|7||Captain Benjamin Sisko
|15 cm||– bearing a phaser rifle|
|14.3 cm||– holding a phaser|
|15 cm||– touching his threat ganglia|
|10||Captain Jean-Luc Picard
|14.5 cm||– making the "Engage"/"Make It So" gesture|
|11||Captain Jonathan Archer
|14.6 cm||– standing at ease|
|12||Doctor Leonard McCoy
|15 cm||– holding a medical tricorder|
- A bust of Captain Jean-Luc Picard (as he appeared in Star Trek: First Contact) was originally slated for release as the first issue but was not put into production and only prototypes were manufactured. This figure appears in early promotional images for the partwork.
- A bust of the Borg Queen was prototyped and scheduled for release with the tenth issue but was subsequently superseded by a (second) Picard bust and not sent into production.
|Eaglemoss Collections/Hero Collector publications|
|Starship collections: Official • Discovery • STO • Universe • Lower Decks|
|Other collections: Build the Enterprise-D • Busts|
|Book series: A Celebration • Designing Starships • Graphic Novel Collection • Nerd Search • Shipyards • Illustrated Handbook|
|Other books: Mr. Spock's Little Book of Mindfulness • Star Trek Cocktails • The Book of Grudge|
- Eaglemoss.com - official international webshop
- HeroCollector.com - official collector portal
- Coleção Star Trek - official Brazil webshop
- Ben Robinson (project manager) at Twitter
- HeroCollector Star Trek & Sci Fi Collections Fan Group at Facebook – unofficial fan forum
- Wixiban.com - Eaglemoss Star Trek Busts Collection index