(written from a Production point of view)
The Enterprise is the only hope battling a Klingon weapon that makes starships mutiny against the Federation.
From the back cover of the Commodore 64/Atari ST releases:
- THE FINAL FRONTIER...
- In response to the greatest challenge that Starfleet Command has ever faced, the crew of the Starship Enterprise have been ordered to take their vessel into what has become the most dangerous area of the galaxy, the Klein sphere.
- Facing legions of rebel Federation Starships, and Klingon and Romulan Battle Cruisers, Captain James T. Kirk and the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise must quell the rebellion and restore peace to the galaxy.
- Star Trek, The Rebel Universe; the greatest computer game yet devised.
- The fate of the Universe is in your hands...
From the back cover of the PC release:
- Federation ships turn renegade...
- Starfleet Command has temporarily contained an explosive Federation mutiny by erecting a Klein Sphere.
- Your five-year mission: Halt the Klingon-instigated rebellion and render the solar systems within the Sphere safe for Federation vessels. Captain James T. Kirk and his six trusted officers stand ready to assist you. You control the starship and its personnel using unique graphic screens.
- On-board equipment includes:
- Also featured:
- Sound effects, including red-alert siren and communications hailing whistle
- Full-color graphics, including navigation screens, simulated battles, Star Trek crew members, and more
- Strategy and skill are vital as you investigate which of the more than 4,000 planets hold clues for the successful completion of this mission.
- The honor of the Federation and the future of the universe depend on you...