(written from a Production point of view)
The series is set aboard Starbase 47, also known as "Vanguard", a 23rd century station located in the Taurus Reach, a remote region of space, where a mix of Starfleet and civilian protagonists race to solve an ancient mystery, one that holds a highly coveted, mysterious, and potentially cataclysmic secret. The series intertwines the political and military events of Star Trek: The Original Series with the ongoing mission to uncover the truth about the so-called "Taurus meta-genome", and the alien Shedai (β).
- Summon the Thunder
- Reap the Whirlwind
- Open Secrets
- What Judgments Come
- Storming Heaven
Related works Edit
- Distant Early Warning (eBook; Star Trek: Starfleet Corps of Engineers)
- In Tempest's Wake (eBook; Pocket TOS)
Background information Edit
- The design of the Vanguard station was created by Masao Okazaki of The Starfleet Museum, and can be seen here. It was later used to update the model of Starbase 6 for the remastered version of the Original Series episode "The Ultimate Computer".
- At the request of editor Margaret Clark, the series' covers were CGI imagery, created in the LightWave 3D software, by Doug Drexler. Drexler incorporated Okazaki's designs – which also included the Archer-class USS Sagittarius featured on the cover of Reap the Whirlwind – alongside his own CGI models of the Constitution-class and Daedalus-class, which Drexler had previously created for James Cawley's fan film series Star Trek: New Voyages. (Star Trek Magazine issue 162, pp. 82-84)
- Main article: Star Trek: Vanguard characters