(written from a Production point of view)
Star Trek Log 1 is a novelization of three Star Trek: The Animated Series episodes, written by Alan Dean Foster. The first in the Star Trek Logs series, it was first released by Ballantine Books in June 1974.
"Beyond the Farthest Star" Edit
A 69-page adaptation of "Beyond the Farthest Star".
A 64-page adaptation of "Yesteryear".
"One of Our Planets Is Missing" Edit
A 46-page adaptation of "One of Our Planets Is Missing".
- The distress call from Mantilles is received two and a quarter days after the ship left the Guardian's planet.
- The three planets seen in the star chart – Alondra, Mantilles, and Bezaride – are mentioned to be second, third and fourth in the Pallas XIV star system.
- Starfleet regulation E-11634 is posted on the access route to antimatter control. It specifies "absolutely authorized personnel" only. A lift behind the door led to the "antimatter nacelle".
- Kirk makes a log entry on stardate 5372.1. The opening page of the book states the log ends on 5380.
Background information Edit
- This was the first animated Trek adaptation novel published by Ballantine Books.
- Arex, during the Mantilles crisis, compares the size of the cloud to "twice the diameter of Sol's three biggest gas giants combined." He was chided by Kirk for using such basic astronomical terms.
- Oddly, Arex used the term "quien sabe" in the "One of Our Planets is Missing" section.
- James T. Kirk
- Leonard McCoy
- Montgomery Scott
- Hikaru Sulu
- Engineer Davis
- Robert Wesley
- Katie Wesley
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|First novel in series||Star Trek Logs||Star Trek Log 2|