(written from a Production point of view)
Issue 56 of Star Trek Monthly was the September 1999 issue. A German-language edition was released the subsequent month as issue 11 of Star Trek: Das offizielle monatliche Magazin. For reasons unknown, the UK cover for this issue was skipped, and the one for the next issue was used. Also did the German version feature another poster, which likewise was featured in the next UK issue. The rest of the contents remained otherwise unedited.
- First Contact
- Darryl Curtis on the life of DeForest Kelley.
- The Best of All Worlds
- Production on Star Trek: Voyager season six continues.
- A fifth Star Trek series could arrive within the next three years.
- Scarlett Pomers on her Young Artists' Award win.
- Warp drive possibilities.
- The Official UK Star Trek Fan Club Update.
- In Brief…: TV Guide's special Deep Space Nine covers, Barry Jenner asked to reprise William Ross in Voyager, Trekkies theatrical release.
- Jim Brumbaugh reviews Trekkies.
- DS9: Fates of the characters; Ronald D. Moore's regular column.
- Just a Country Doctor
- Stoddard Hayes takes an in-depth look at the character of Leonard McCoy.
- Interview – Rick Berman – "New Beginnings"
- by Ian Spelling.
- The cast of Star Trek: The Original Series (from Star Trek V: The Final Frontier).
- Seven of Nine (German edition)
- A Fistful of Data
- The Borg vs. water cannons?, religion on Earth, television and the cameras in Star Trek Generations.
- Interview – Nichelle Nichols – "All Hail"
- by David Bassom.
- From the Replicator
- UK Update: Polco toiletries, posters, SkyBox.
- Australasia Update: Playmates Toys, Klingon Honor Guard, Birth of the Federation.
- US Update: Playmates, SkyBox, postcards, Franklin Mint, Component Game Systems closes.
- Read Out: Rebels, Death of a Neutron Star, Star Trek: Day of Honor (omnibus).
- On Screen: Deep Space Nine volume 7.9, Voyager volume 5.9.
- Model Matters: AMT's USS Enterprise-C, USS Yamaguchi and minikit set of three Enterprises.
- Supplementary Benefits: James Swallow looks at Last Unicorn Games' most recently released supplements: The Price of Freedom, A Fragile Peace, The First Line, The Way of Kolinahr, Federation Away Team Miniatures.
- Electronic Entertainment: Jim Brumbaugh reports from E3, including details on Star Trek: Armada, Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force, and others.
- Game Plan: Simon & Schuster Interactive's plans for the coming year.
- Next Issue
- The cover design presented differs significantly from the actual published issue.
|Issue 55||Star Trek Monthly|
Issue 56 – September 1999