(written from a Production point of view)
Issue 57 of Star Trek Monthly was the early October 1999 issue. A German-language edition was released the subsequent month as issue 12 of Star Trek: Das offizielle monatliche Magazin. As initiated with German issue 11, both cover and poster of the subsequent UK issue were used, but the rest of the contents remained otherwise unedited.
- First Contact
- Darryl Curtis on this issue's content.
- The Best of All Worlds
- "What You Leave Behind", a rating success.
- Pocket Books plans Deep Space Nine "Season 8".
- Voyager season six filming continues.
- Report on the Nexus 99 convention.
- WildStorm Comics' upcoming releases.
- The Official UK Star Trek Fan Club Update.
- In Brief…: VHS and DVD releases, continuing tributes to DeForest Kelley, Golden Headset Awards, Palm eBooks, Seven of Nine to appear in Dilbert.
- DS9: Episode focus: "The Dogs of War".
- VOY: Episode focus: "Warhead".
- And the Children Shall Lead
- Chris Gardner takes a look at children in Star Trek.
- Interview – Scarlett Pomers – "Scarlett Fever"
- by Ian Spelling.
- A Walk Through the U.S.S. Voyager
- Richard James takes Joe Nazzaro on a tour of the central sets of Star Trek: Voyager.
- From the Replicator
- UK Update: Holograms, Playmates.
- Australasia Update: Pocket Books.
- US Update: Playmates, Atlas Editions, Franklin Mint.
- Read Out: Spectre, Dark Victory, Dyson Sphere, Battle Lines.
- On Screen: Deep Space Nine volume 7.10, Voyager volume 5.10.
- Interactive: Reviews of Birth of the Federation, Starship Creator.
- Next Issue
|Issue 56||Star Trek Monthly|
Issue 57 – Early October 1999