(written from a Production point of view)
Issue 70 of Star Trek Monthly was the early October 2000 issue. This issue sees the magazine undergo a complete redesign – the second in the publication's history. The book extract section is dropped, and several established sections are revamped.
- First Contact
- Nick Jones on the redesign, and things to come.
- The Best of All Worlds
- Voyager season seven begins filming.
- Series V pilot story under way, will be "a […] dramatic departure from the previous […] Star Trek series".
- Star Trek X – John Logan to write, "poignant" story with "a remarkable villain".
- Star Trek: Federation Science
- Ricardo Montalban makes a public appearance.
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture to get a revamp for DVD release.
- Brannon Braga signs new three-year contract.
- In Brief…: Rene Auberjonois receives alumni award from Carnegie Mellon University, Leonard Nimoy on the internet, Logan Ramsey in memoriam, Las Vegas Hilton sold.
- Reader's poll.
- A Piece of the Action.
- Interview – Roxann Dawson – "B'Elanna-rama!"
- by Paul Simpson.
- Interview – Patrick Stewart – "The X Factor"
- by John Reading.
- New Age Captain
- K. Stoddard Hayes looks at the career of Jean-Luc Picard.
- Interview – Jackie Edwards – "The Insider"
- by Abbie Bernstein.
- Prime Suspect
- Andy Lane on breaking the Prime Directive.
- Interview – Michael Westmore – "The Latex Show"
- by Paul Simpson.
- Net Gains
- Paul Simpson talks to Tim Gaskill and Andrew Rader about the newly-redesigned StarTrek.com website.
- Interview – Jacqueline Kim – "My Generation"
- by K. Stoddard Hayes.
- Longtime Companion
- David Bassom talks to Terry J. Erdmann about the upcoming Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Companion, with exclusive background images.
- From the Replicator
- Collectibles: Mobile phone accessories, Next Generation playing card, Headliners, Franklin Mint USS Enterprise sculpture.
- On Screen: The Next Generation rerelease volume 3.8, Voyager volume 6.8; interview with Marley McClean.
- Games: James Brumbaugh reviews Star Trek: ConQuest Online; James Swallow looks at Klingon Academy.
- Read Out: Preserver, A Stitch in Time, Strange New Worlds III, Star Trek: Enterprise Logs, Best Destiny (audiobook), The Valiant (audiobook).
- Hollow Pursuits
- Top 10: Races We'd Like To See Assimilated By The Borg.
- Great Moments in Star Trek: Edith Keeler's death.
- Unforgettable: Guest characters who leave a lasting impression. Cyrano Jones.
- What a Way to Go!: Chronicling unusual deaths. Hanonian land eel, "Basics, Part II".
- Next Issue
|Issue 69||Star Trek Monthly|
Issue 70 – Early October 2000