(written from a Production point of view)
The Star Trek films have been released on VHS in the UK several times, both individually and as part of boxed sets. Typically, with each new film release, a boxset was produced to collect the entire run. The films were released by CIC Video up until the 1998 rereleases, and by Paramount Home Entertainment thereafter.
- Release dates for some releases are not known. Dates in italics are approximations where no exact date is available.
|Film||Release||Catalog Number||Cover||Certificate||Release Date|
|Star Trek: The Motion Picture||Rental release||VHA 2011||U||May 1981|
|Original retail release||VHR 2011||U||1987|
|Special Collectors Edition||VHR 2533||U||1989|
|25th Anniversary rerelease||VHR 2011||U||1991|
|1998 rerelease||VHR 4860||U||28 December 1998|
|1998 widescreen release||VHR 4868||U||28 December 1998|
|Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan||Rental release||VHA 2062||PG||October 1983|
|Uncut retail release||VHR 2062||15||1989|
|25th Anniversary rerelease||VHR 2062||15||1991|
|1998 rerelease||VHR 4861||15||28 December 1998|
|1998 widescreen release||VHR 4869||15||28 December 1998|
|Star Trek III: The Search for Spock||Rental release||VHW 2118||PG||March 1985|
|Original retail release||VHR 2118||PG||1989|
|25th Anniversary rerelease||VHR 2118||PG||1991|
|1998 rerelease||VHR 4862||PG||28 December 1998|
|1998 widescreen release||VHR 4870||PG||28 December 1998|
|Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home||Rental release||VHB 2224||PG||1987|
|Original retail release||VHR 2224||PG||unknown|
|25th Anniversary rerelease||VHR 2224||PG||1991|
|1998 rerelease||VHR 4863||PG||28 December 1998|
|1998 widescreen release||VHR 4871||PG||28 December 1998|
|Star Trek V: The Final Frontier||Rental release||VHB 2374||PG||4 May 1990|
|Original retail release||VHR 2374||PG||1991|
|1998 rerelease||VHR 4864||PG||28 December 1998|
|1998 widescreen release||VHR 4872||PG||28 December 1998|
|Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country||Rental release||VHB 2558||PG||December 1992|
|Original retail release||VHR 2760||PG||17 May 1993|
|Original widescreen release||VHR 2759||PG||17 May 1993|
|1998 rerelease||VHR 4865||PG||28 December 1998|
|1998 widescreen rerelease||VHR 4873||PG||28 December 1998|
|Star Trek Generations||Rental release||VHB 2996||PG||11 August 1995|
|Original release||VHR 2996||PG||27 December 1995|
|Special Collector's Edition
|VHR 4300||PG||22 January 1996|
|1998 rerelease||VHR 4866||PG||28 December 1998|
|1998 widescreen rerelease||VHR 4874||PG||28 December 1998|
|Star Trek: First Contact||Rental release||VHB 4431||12||September 1997|
|Original release||VHR 4431||12||20 April 1998|
|Original widescreen release||VHR 4511||12||20 April 1998|
|Special Collectors Edition||VHR 4431||12||20 April 1998|
|Special Collectors Edition
|VHR 4511||12||20 April 1998|
|1998 rerelease||VHR 4867||12||28 December 1998|
|1998 widescreen rerelease||VHR 4875||12||28 December 1998|
|Star Trek: Insurrection||Rental release||VHB 4827||PG||1999|
|Fullscreen release||VHR 4827||PG||27 December 1999|
|Widescreen release||VHR 4828||PG||27 December 1999|
|Star Trek Nemesis||Rental release||VHB 5378||12||11 August 2003|
|Retail release||VHR 5378||12||11 August 2003|
Two special video releases were produced for the UK premieres of Star Trek Generations and Star Trek: First Contact. Obtained via token collection from The Sun, these videos gave an insight into the new films.
|Set||Catalog Number||Cover||Contents||Certificate||Release Date|
|Your Guide To ... Star Trek Generations||71512||A 20-minute documentary about the film.||U||1994|
|Jonathan Ross' Essential Guide To Star Trek: First Contact||VFB 12646||A 25-minute documentary about the new film. Also contains the theatrical trailer for the film. Presented by Jonathan Ross.||PG||1996|
- Originally released without a certificate, predating the Video Recordings Act 1984.
- Featuring the extended cut of the film.
- All of the 1998 rereleases include a trailer for Star Trek: Insurrection.
- Presented in a widescreen ratio of 2.35:1.
- This release features the version of the film as released in UK cinemas, with some material edited out.
- This version features the full version of the film, hence the rating increase.
- All releases contain scenes omitted from the theatrical print.
- Presented in a widescreen ratio of 2:1.
- Included a 'Making Of' documentary, theatrical trailer, sixteen-page booklet and collector postcards.
- Included an interview with Alice Krige, a 3D lenticular postcard and limited edition packaging, showing Picard as Locutus, and Data as he appeared at the end of the film.
- A Collectors Edition box was also produced, with no additional content, catalog number VHR 4827FC.
- A Collectors Edition box was also produced, with no additional content, catalog number VHR 4828FC.
- This was the final Star Trek VHS released in the UK.
- In the case of sets, the certificate is over the set as a whole (unless stated otherwise).
- Video was packaged separately.
- Individual video rated 15.
- Individual video rated PG.
- Films I-VI were placed two per tape, with 30 Years and Beyond, Generations, and First Contact on individual tapes. Films presented in a widescreen ratio of 2.35:1.
- Individual video rated 12.
- This tape also included the theatrical trailers of all eight films.
- Films I-VIII placed two per tape, with Insurrection on an individual tape.
- The video also came with a fold-out booklet.
|First UK VHS release in series||Star Trek films UK VHS||Final UK VHS in series|