(written from a Production point of view)
The following is a list of fonts used in the different Star Trek series categorized by the companies that hold the rights to them.
- Star Trek BT
- is the font with the original lettering from TOS and TAS; recently renamed to Horizon.
- Star Trek Film BT
- has the lettering used in the movies, in the titles for Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Star Trek: Voyager and used as a prelaunch logo of Star Trek: Enterprise; recently renamed to Galaxy.
- Star Trek Pi BT
- contains the insignia from TOS plus the Klingon logo on lowercase a-d and ten Klingon letters on e-n
- Starfleet Bold Extended BT
- is the font with letters used on the hull of Starfleet vessels; recently renamed to Millennium.
- Venetian 301
- is part of the Li'l Bits TOS package; might have been in use for displays in TOS.
- Square 721 Condensed
- is part of the Li'l Bits TOS package.
- Star Trek Next
- is the font used for "Star Trek" in the TNG show logo.
- Star Trek Gen
- is the font used for "The Next Generation" in the TNG show logo.
- Crillee Italic
- was used for the credits in Star Trek: The Next Generation. It is also used in Star Trek: Lower Decks, as a direct nod to TNG.
- Swiss 911 Ultra Compressed
- is the font used for LCARS displays.
- Transitional 521
- StarTrek Next Pi
- Microgramma Extended Bold
- was used throughout various Star Trek films, including the computer screens in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.
- Microgramma and the similar type style Eurostile, which was based upon it,
- were both designed by Aldo Novarese and Alessandro Butti for the Nebiolo Type Foundry in 1952. The Star Trek Blueprints and Star Fleet Technical Manual introduced it to fans when they were first published in April and November of 1975 respectively, for all the page headings of the latter were in this font's extended (but not extended bold) format.
Mark Simonson Studio
With the game Star Trek: The Next Generation - Klingon Honor Guard by MicroProse, the company offered a couple of Klingon-like fonts from the game:
- MPS Klingon
- is a font with Latin letters in a shape similar to the Klingon letters.
- is an all Latin font that shares some shapes of Klingon letters.
- New Klingon Light
- is a collection of Klingon letters, most of them are different in shape from those used in Star Trek productions.
The following is a list of fonts that can be used to achieve lettering as used in the series.
- Handel Gothic
- was used for the credits in DS9 and VOY.
- Helvetica Ultra Condensed (only majuscules)
- is a font on which Swiss 911 Ultra compressed (which was used for LCARS displays) is based.
- is based on the TOS title cards, extended to support multiple languages, and includes Star Trek objects as emoji
- Jefferies Extended
- has the lettering used in Star Trek: Enterprise; this particular font, based on Starfleet Bold Extended BT / Millennium, was designed by Jeff Yerkey and named in honor of Matt Jefferies.
- Redrail Superfast
- was used with modifications (primarily shortening of the serifs) for the logo of Star Trek: Discovery. It was created by Astrolux Design.
- Subspace Italic
- is a bold, stylized face font based on the logo of DIS. Free for non-commercial use, it was created by Neale Davidson. 
- FF QType Std Square
- was used for the new logo of DIS from season 3 onwards (with minor modifications to the V and R). It was designed by Achaz Reuss for FontFont.
- Dave Addey, Typeset in the Future: Typography and Design in Science Fiction Movies. Abrams, 2018, ISBN 978-1-4197-2714-6, pp. 80-117.