(written from a Production point of view)
All-new adventures by some of Star Trek's most talented fans!
Strange New Worlds IV is a short story anthology – the fourth in the Strange New Worlds series – edited by Dean Wesley Smith (with John J. Ordover and Paula M. Block). Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in May 2001.
The anthology collected selected stories from the fourth Strange New Worlds writing contest for amateur authors; many of whom went on to write other Star Trek stories.
- From the book jacket
- In the fourth year of its ongoing mission, the Strange New Worlds writing competition has once again sought out exciting new voices and imaginations among Star Trek's vast galaxy of fans. After scanning countless submissions for signs of style and originality, the judges are proud to report that the universe of amazing Star Trek writers just keeps expanding.
- Strange New Worlds IV features more than a dozen never-before-published stories spanning the twenty-third and twenty-fourth centuries, from the early days of James T. Kirk and his crew to the later generations of Captains Picard, Sisko, and Janeway. These memorable new tales explore and examine the past and future of Star Trek from many different perspectives.
- Join Strange New Worlds in its thrilling quest to uncover the most compelling Star Trek action this side of the galactic barrier!
Star Trek: The Original Series Edit
- "A Little More Action" by TG Theodore
- "Prodigal Father" by Robert J. Mendenhall
- "Missed" by Pat Detmer
- "Tears for Eternity" by Lynda Martinez Foley
- "Countdown" by Mary Sweeney
- "First Star I See Tonight" by Victoria Grant
- "Scotty's Song" by Michael J. Jasper
- "The Name of the Cat" by Steven Scott Ripley (first prize winner)
Star Trek: The Next Generation Edit
- "Flight 19" by Alan James Garbers
- "The Promise" by Shane Zeranski
- "Flash Point" by E. Catherine Tobler
- "Prodigal Son" by Tonya D. Price
- "Seeing Forever" by Jeff Suess
Star Trek: Deep Space NineEdit
- "Captain Proton and the Orb of Bajor" by Jonathan Bridge
- "Isolation Ward 4" by Kevin G. Summers (third prize winner)
Star Trek: Voyager Edit
- "Iridium-7-Tetrahydroxate Crystals Are a Girl's Best Friend" by Bill Stuart
- "Uninvited Admirals" by Penny A. Proctor
- "Return" by Chuck Anderson
- "Black Hats" by William Leisner
- "Personal Log" by Kevin Killiany
- "Welcome Home" by Diana Kornfeld
- "Shadows, in the Dark" by Ilsa J. Bick (second prize winner)
Background information Edit
- E. Catherine Tobler and Diana Kornfeld had a submission in Strange New Worlds III. Ilsa J. Bick and Kevin G. Summers have gone on to write for other Star Trek novels.
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|Strange New Worlds III||Star Trek: Strange New Worlds||Strange New Worlds V|