(written from a Production point of view)
All-new Star Trek adventures – by fans, for fans!
Strange New Worlds VII is a short story anthology – the seventh in the Strange New Worlds series – edited by Dean Wesley Smith (with John J. Ordover, Elisa J. Kassin, and Paula M. Block). Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in June 2004.
The anthology collected selected stories from the seventh Strange New Worlds writing contest for amateur authors; many of whom went on to write other Star Trek stories.
- From the book jacket
- Our seventh anthology features original Star Trek, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager, and Star Trek: Enterprise stories written by Star Trek fans, for Star Trek fans!
- Featuring new stories by new writers and a few contest veterans, Strange New Worlds VII spans the entire Star Trek universe from the original days of Captain Kirk and throughout the tenures of Captains Picard, Sisko, and Janeway and back in time again to Archer. Each of these unforgettable stories explores the past and future of Star Trek from many different perspectives.
- This year's contributors include Kevin Lauderdale, Kevin Killiany, Christian Grainger, Paul J. Kaplan, Muri McCage, Pat Detmer, Gerri Leen, Julie Hyzy, Kelly Cairo, John Coffren, Scott Pearson, Jeff D. Jacques, Jim Johnson, Anne E. Clements, Russ Crossley, Susan S. McCrackin, Catherine E. Pike, G. Wood, Annie Reed, Louisa M. Swann, Brett Hudgins, Amy Sisson, and Frederick Kim.
- by Dean Wesley Smith
Star Trek: The Original Series
- "A Test of Character" by Kevin Lauderdale
- "Indomitable" by Kevin Killiany
- "Project Blue Book" by Christian Grainger
- "The Trouble With Tribals" by Paul J. Kaplan
- "All Fall Down" by Muri McCage
- "A Sucker Born" by Pat Detmer
- "Obligations Discharged" by Gerri Leen
Star Trek: The Next Generation
- "Life's Work" by Julie Hyzy (grand prize winner)
- "Adventures in Jazz and Time" by Kelly Cairo (third prize winner)
- "Future Shock" by John Coffren
- "Full Circle" by Scott Pearson
- "Beginnings" by Jeff D. Jacques
- "Solemn Duty" by Jim Johnson
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Star Trek: Voyager
- "Redux" by Susan S. McCrackin
- "The Little Captain" by Catherine E. Pike
- "I Have Broken the Prime Directive" by G. Wood
- "Don't Cry" by Annie Reed
Star Trek: Enterprise
- "Earthquake Weather" by Louisa M. Swann
- "Guardians" by Brett Hudgins (second prize winner)
- "The Law of Averages" by Amy Sisson
- "Forgotten Light" by Frederick Kim
- This was the last Strange New Worlds anthology which saw the involvement of John Ordover, the creator of the contest, Ordover having left Pocket the previous year. Elisa Kassin took over his role in the editorial process.
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|Strange New Worlds VI||Star Trek: Strange New Worlds||Strange New Worlds 8|