A hidden cache of superweapons – a deadly race to prevent galactic war!
- From the book jacket
- Deep in the uncharted regions of the our galaxy, the Kreel, a primitive, warlike race have stumbled upon weapons powerful beyond their wildest imagination. The Kreel have used those weapons to attack their most bitter enemies, the Klingons.
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard and the crew of the USS Enterprise-D are called in to mediate the dispute by ferrying diplomatic teams from the two warring races to the source of their conflict, the mysterious planet where the weapons were discovered, in an attempt to find a peaceful solution to the conflict, and discover the origins of the super-powerful weapons.
- Before the galaxy erupts into full-scale war...
- This is author Peter David's first of many Star Trek novels. He is best known for his work of the New Frontier series.
- This novel picks up an abandoned Peter David comics story arc from the first DC series.
- Data is erroneously portrayed as being able to use contractions on four pages.
- Jean-Luc Picard
- Enterprise-D captain.
- William T. Riker
- Enterprise-D first officer.
- Android Enterprise-D operations officer.
- Geordi La Forge
- VISOR-sighted Enterprise-D chief engineer.
- Katherine Pulaski
- Enterprise-D chief medical officer.
- Deanna Troi
- Enterprise-D counselor.
- Wesley Crusher
- Acting ensign, Enterprise-D flight controller.
- Enterprise-D security chief.
- Enterprise-D bartender.
- Klingon commander
- Commander in charge of the Kothulu.
- Bobbi Chase
- Taka Nagai
- Klingon ambassador.
- Jaan Baat-Utuul-Bayn-Devin
- A Selelvian "elf".
- Tom Chafin
- Starfleet ensign who served a relief flight controller on the Enterprise-D. Chafin vocalized a disrespectful comment about Wesley Crusher during a conference on the bridge. Picard took the out-of-turn remark as a sign the ensign needed a change of scenery, and reassigned Chafin to security. Chafin was later tricked by Jaan into abandoning his guard post.
- Enterprise-D security.
- Enterprise-D security.
- Cantos V
- Daedalus IV
- DQN1196 ("Hellhole")
- Expletive used by the Kreel, as in "How the flarg do we get though there?".
- Gamma Origi III
- IKS Kothulu
- Klingon battle cruiser.
- The Kreel were a race of humanoids that live in the Alpha Quadrant. They had three fingers, no neck, and a triangular torso. Their mortal enemy was the Klingons. They prided themselves on their bodies and were considered parasites or scavengers.
- The Kreel appear again in later novels by David, and are even used by other authors.
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|#4: Survivors|| Pocket TNG|
|#6: Power Hungry|
Community content is available under CC-BY-NC unless otherwise noted.