(written from a Production point of view)
T. Ashley Harvey (sometimes credited simply as Ashley Harvey) worked on four of the Star Trek spin-off series. He began working on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine as a sound editor, beginning with season one. When this series ended, he moved on to Star Trek: Voyager and, after that, Star Trek: Enterprise. Since 2017 he has been working as dialogue and ADR editor on Star Trek: Discovery. His work on Star Trek helped earn five Emmy Award nominations for the franchise.
Ashley has worked with many of his fellow Star Trek sound engineers on various non-Trek projects, including the NBC series I'll Fly Away with Ruth Adelman, Wilson Dyer, Steffan Falesitch, Miguel Rivera, and Guy Tsujimoto), the 1993 film Joshua Tree with Adelman, Dyer, Falesitch, and Rivera, and the 1997 film The Only Thrill with Ruth Adelman, Dale Chaloukian, Doug Davey, Jeff Gersh, Chris Haire, Bill Henderson, Mace Matiosian, Richard L. Morrison, Miguel Rivera, Jivan Tahmizian, Masanobu Tomita, Audrey Trent, Chris Trent, Jerry Trent, Guy Tsujimoto, Eric Williams, and Bill Wistrom. He also worked on the 1999 film She's All That with Adelman, Chaloukian, Tahmizian, and the Trents.
Other projects on which Ashley has worked include the television series MacGyver, Baywatch, and Sliders and the films Megiddo: The Omega Code 2 (2001, as an additional dialogue recording or "adr" editor) and Population 436 (2006, as a dialogue editor). He more recently worked as a dialogue editor on the 2006 film Save the Last Dance 2 and is currently working on the hit FX series Rescue Me, as well as the NBC series Moonlight.
Emmy Award nominationsEdit
Ashley Harvey received the following Emmy Award nominations, all in the Sound Editing categories
- 1993 for DS9: "Emissary" (shared with Sean Callery, Steffan Falesitch, Jeff Gersh, Miguel Rivera, Stephen M. Rowe, Bill Wistrom, and Jim Wolvington)
- 2000 for VOY: "Equinox, Part II" (shared with Dale Chaloukian, Jeff Gersh, Masanobu Tomita, Gerry Sackman, Bill Wistrom, and Jim Wolvington)
- 2001 for VOY: "Endgame" (shared with Dale Chaloukian, Masanobu Tomita, Gerry Sackman, Bill Wistrom, and Jim Wolvington)
- 2002 for ENT: "Broken Bow" (shared with Dale Chaloukian, Hilda Hodges, Katherine Rose, Stephen M. Rowe, Mosanobu Tomita, Shaun Varney, Bill Wistrom, and Jim Wolvington)
- 2018 for DIS: "What's Past Is Prologue" (shared with Jon Mete, Tim Farrell, Christopher Assells, Matt Taylor, Trevor Sperry, Angelo Palazzo, Peter D. Lago, Christopher Scarabosio, Matt Decker, James Bailey, Alex Ullrich and Matt Salib)